Clearance from Local Police Station?

Cp 01

Registered Users (C)
Is the clearance from the Local Police Station same as "No Objection Certificate" or "Character Certificate".

Local Police Station says that they don\'t have the authority to give Police clearance certificate. It can only be obtained at the REgional Passport office.

Anyone Please reply immediately. Thanks.

what is the procedure

I am also in the same boat, does anyone what is
the procedure to obtain the clearance from the
local police authorities.

Can someone please post the procedure for local police clearance!!!

Can someone please post the procedure for the local police clearance. I am having a problem in getting it. There doesn\'t seem to be an standard on local police clearance. Will Character Certificate or "No objection certificate" do?

Procedure is to get this certificate from RPO by

going personally or authorizing someone to pick up on
your behalf.

Local police stations in India do not have the authority
to issue this certificate. I heard if someone goes personally
to RPO one can get certificate on the same day.

PCC from Local Police - Not required

Hi Dudes,

Asked the Mumbai Consulate this morning whether they need Police Clearence from Local Police, even though you have PCC issued by Indian Embassy / Consulate in US. The answer is NO.

We dont have to hang on with the local HAVIDARS !!!

Local police clearance - details

Local Police clearance certificate is only required for indian applicants residing in india. I got a local police certificate from my local police inspector in addition to RPO PCC. After searching for formats I decided on as in the link below. My interview is on Feb 19. Should see whether this is good enough.

Anand RK "Successful CP on 17th in Delhi" 1/21/02 6:13am

Anand_RK

What if PCC is issued by the RPO in India?

Is Local Police clearance required then?

The Local police station says that they do not have the authority to give police clearance certificate.

What if PCC is issued in RPO in India, do you need local police clearance certificate?

Because the Local Police station does not have the Authority to give a local police clearance certificate. Instead of the local police clearance certificate can you get a "No objection certificate" or "Character Certificate" from the Local Police Department?

PCC

Hello,

I think PCC from Indian Consulate is sufficient. If one gets PCC from RPO in India then he/she has to get PCC from local police station as well (for passports 6 months or older).

so the logic equation is

{ PCC from Indian consulate in the US }

b OR

{ PCC from RPO in India } AND {if passport is older than 6 months, PCC from Police station}

I think PCC from consulate is sufficient because

Indian consulate send a candidate\'s passport details to RPO
in India. The RPO in India checks their database and
gives clearance, if looks ok. So consulate is acting as
"facilitator" only.

I do not think Indian consulate in USA has access to crime
records of US database. My 2 cents...