Cleanest method to completely abandon GC process

S_M

My permanent residency application was filed under EB-3 (PERM process) in Dec 2006. I am an Indian citizen so this is retrogressed by many years. My labor, I-140 were approved in 2007 and in July 2007 when the UCSIS was briefly accepting I-485 applications my I-485 was applied for (In the long wait for the priority date to become current). I am on H1-B and havent applied for EAD/AP.

I have decided to abadon my permanent residency application process and move back to India for family reasons.

My current US employer would like me to work for them via a 3rd party Indian company as a contractor out of India but they do not wish to sponsor the GC process (as in keeping the future job offer). Working from India in this role will require me to travel back to the US once in a while for business trips.

1. What is the cleanest way to show my intent to abandon my permanent residency application?

2. Because I had a permanent residency application in the past will this cause any issues with receiving a business visa (Possible Immigrant Intent)?

Last edited by a moderator: