Class A misdemeanor in Texas

BeyondSad

My husband has been in Texas for 3 months and is a legal permanent resident. He was arrested for assault against me four days ago. His bail was set at 3500. I can not afford to get him legal representation. We have two sons. This is his first offense. How long will he be in jail since I can not post bail? Also, can he be deported if this is his first offense? His father died and he lost it, no excuse, but I feel if he's offered anger management counseling he may be able to change for the sake of his children and me.

It's difficult to say it depends on a whole lot of circumstances. My best suggestion for this complex situation would be to get a free consultation with some lawyers and ask them your options. You can easily Google some lawyers in your area or check out LawTrades for lawyers as well. Good luck

Hi
My husband has been in Texas for 3 months and is a legal permanent resident. He was arrested for assault against me four days ago. His bail was set at 3500. I can not afford to get him legal representation. We have two sons. This is his first offense. How long will he be in jail since I can not post bail? Also, can he be deported if this is his first offense? His father died and he lost it, no excuse, but I feel if he's offered anger management counseling he may be able to change for the sake of his children and me.
we are under a similar situation. Would like to know what happened.? Did yourhusband end up staying or was he deported?