Clarification of questions in from I-130?

ahacali

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a USC filing I-130 for my wife who is living outside the US. Can someone please help me with some questions in the form:

1. Question 15. Is this question for my wife or for me (the petitioner)? If for my wife, she stopped working and went back in school. Does the fact that she is working now affect the application negatively?

2. Question 21. I have visited my wife a few times this year and last year, as a tourist to her country, where I stayed a few weeks with her on each trip. Should I just list my last trip, which was for 2 weeks, or are they asking (looking) for duration of times of a much longer time frame?

Thank you,
Aha.

ahacali said:
Hello,

I am a USC filing I-130 for my wife who is living outside the US. Can someone please help me with some questions in the form:

1. Question 15. Is this question for my wife or for me (the petitioner)? If for my wife, she stopped working and went back in school. Does the fact that she is working now affect the application negatively?
That Q is for your wife. And No, It doesnt affect the application in anyway.

2. Question 21. I have visited my wife a few times this year and last year, as a tourist to her country, where I stayed a few weeks with her on each trip. Should I just list my last trip, which was for 2 weeks, or are they asking (looking) for duration of times of a much longer time frame?
In the From-To section in Q:21, it expects a timeframe in number of months lived together. I dont think you can interpret two weeks of visit as time "lived" together as the answer expected is in months. You will have to ask this Q to a lawyer.

Thank you,
Aha.

I am on the same situation: My wife is in Vietnam. I come back every year, just live together about 01 month/each. That was because I was student, and now I am working. Our time is always limited. Dont if that will cause any trouble for our application.