Claiming U.SCitizen for my Son?

Mfamily

Hello eveyone, thank you right away for any help ideas or info in advance !!

I am trying to make it short and detailed.
I am a German citizen living in Germany, i got married to an USCitizen in NYC in 2012 we lived in Germany till he had to move back to the U.S. several month later, i was already pregnant at this time not knowing. His father dissapeard and i gave birth to our Son 10Month later in Germany alone.He is a German citizen and i hold full custody as his father was not and still isnt present at the time of Birth.

Now i dont know where his father is till up to this day but our Son (almost 3Years old) is an USCitizen right?! Is there any way for me to get in contact with any legal department (consulat??)that can help me out getting/filing or what so ever, him the U.S.citizenship he is entitled to?!

He isnt paying any childsupport there is no contact although several attempt has been made through old phonenr.emailaddress and so on, the German Goverment cant do anything as he is not living within the EU.

Also we are still married according to the US NYC court, isnt there anything i can do?!

Thank you very much again for all your help

Good day Sir,

Yes i still have no answers and still this issue, even worst i found him through a social media site and he just doesnt respond to any attempt of communication. Apparently he is busy of takeing care of his "new" family/kids.

No he isnt on his Birthcertification as he was already back in the state while i was the entire pregnancy and birth completly alone... And in Germany only those parents that are actually present on the day the birth takes place are written on the birthcertifiaction, whats stupid as i could drag a friend with me and if they asked he would agree he would be the father...
We are married he is the father of our son it was planned and then he abondon me (what i ok with by now) and even worst his son!

He isnt takeing responsibility financially or any other way, he completly totally got out of this without anything, i dont really care now if he is financially responsible as i am absolutly able to take care of my family on my own, but as said there must be something i can do!! His son is entiteld to carry the benefits that his father brings into his life, being an USCitizen, the same as he is entiteld to have the benefits that i bring into his life.

As this isnt fair for his son! And he wanted this child as much as i did as he made me believe, so this isnt an accident baby as lots of ppl. May think! And we are still married by NYC law.

Thank you for asking and have a wonderful day

Just to add, the German law want do a thing as he is back in the states and it would cost the German goverment although they claim all the time to be allies, too much.

So they say sorry cant help you and i am on my own and again as said we are married and it was planned so this isnt a ONS thing or an accident or me trying to get something from him like a green card or other stupid stuff, i am not from a third world country i am german living in germany haveing a good job and being a stable grounded person, but this is ridicioulus that i cant do anything, well besides paying/spending thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer in the states probably....

My appologize if i may come over very angry as i am about this extremly as i said his son should be able without me jumping through hoops and loops to receive his benefits as being a uscitizen, so if he ever decided to go live this part of his life whats his roots to do so...if not its ok but he should be able to have a choice one day...

Hopefully you have a copy of your marriage license. I would go to the US Consulate and tell them the situation. Show them you are still legally married and tell them the circumstances. You may be required to sign a sworn statement regarding being faithful and not being with anyone else and that the child is in fact his. They should be able to verify through various systems when he left and returned to the US. They may be able to track him down for DNA testing. Was he, or maybe still is, in the US military? If he is in the military, they can be a tremendous asset in helping with this situation.

No he isnt in the military, i have been working for the military several years over here as a local national if he would it would be as you said a lot easier and i probably wouldnt face this issue.

But i really highly appreciate you giving me ideas and helping, this could be defiently a possibility with the US consulat and yes i still have the marriage license in fact i have the original.
So i will try to get hold of someone there and make an appointment if possible to talk to someone about this. In fact i do have some information where he could be possible living, well a kinda like the state and the city so it may help to find him.

And i have no problem to support anyone whatever it takes to get an DNA test or anything else.

Again i really thank you very very much sincerley for you takeing your time to help and share your thoughts. :-D Dankeschön

Assuming your son was born in wedlock, he is automatically a US citizen from birth if his father was physically present in the US (any time in his life before the son's birth) for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 years after turning 14. The hard part is proving this physical presence. Usually it will need the father's cooperation to get old records and stuff.