Citizenship question while living out of Canada to work for Canadian company

Parth1970

Registered Users (C)
• Landed Dec 2005
• Physical present in Canada from October 2006, (between Dec 2005 to Oct 2206 some short trip)
• Move back to US April 2009,

I have to give up my PR as I am able meet physical present require by Immigration law.
My wife she got a Job at Canadian company (April 2009) and Canadian company transfer her to their US office for training (she has US-GC through CP),

My question is;
1. Can she qualify to apply for Canadian Citizenship after January 2010 base on working for Canadian company but living outside Canada?
2. Is it better to hire any immigration lawyer for all application and interview preparation? If yes, can someone suggest good lawyer?

If she doesn’t qualify for Citizenship than she will surrender her PR (no obligation for Canadian Tax)

Thank you for reading and appreciate reply!

Parth

1. Can she qualify to apply for Canadian Citizenship after January 2010 base on working for Canadian company but living outside Canada?

-- You do not qualify for citizenship by living outside of Canada and working for a Canadian employer. By working for Canadian employer outside of Canada may help you in retaining the PR status. (due to which you can come back to Canada as a PR and complete the physical presence requirement for the citizenship purpose)

If she doesn’t qualify for Citizenship than she will surrender her PR (no obligation for Canadian Tax)

-- No need to go out of your way to surrender. It will automatically expire. You do not have to pay taxes just because you hold a PR status. It depends on other things like ties to Canada.

-- You do not qualify for citizenship by living outside of Canada and working for a Canadian employer. By working for Canadian employer outside of Canada may help you in retaining the PR status. (due to which you can come back to Canada as a PR and complete the physical presence requirement for the citizenship purpose)

-- No need to go out of your way to surrender. It will automatically expire. You do not have to pay taxes just because you hold a PR status. It depends on other things like ties to Canada.

Thank you, So now she will not have to spent money and time for citizenship application etc..