Citizenship process taking too long

paul4gc

Registered Users (C)
I applied online in July 2018, received interview letter in July 2019, but INS cancelled it later. I called customer service, opened out of processing time requests, all the response I received is 'your application is in process'.

My friend applied 6 months after mine, in Jan 2019, and he received citizenship in Jan 2020, for both of us the local office is San Francisco.

How long it can take to get the interview letter again? Is anybody in the similar situation before? how it was resolved?

Hmm. Can yoi think of any potentially complicating factors in your case? When was the last time you submitted an ”out of normal processing time” request?
You can try reaching out to your congressperson for assistance with this as well.

I applied online in July 2018, received interview letter in July 2019, but INS cancelled it later. I called customer service, opened out of processing time requests, all the response I received is 'your application is in process'.

My friend applied 6 months after mine, in Jan 2019, and he received citizenship in Jan 2020, for both of us the local office is San Francisco.

How long it can take to get the interview letter again? Is anybody in the similar situation before? how it was resolved?

If the case is pending for over two years, it’s ripe for a writ of mandamus, otherwise you will end up waiting for years. They will process your case within 60-90 days guaranteed. However You need to evaluate your immigration history with a lawyer before you do that to see that there aren’t any inadmissibility issues before this as you may end up in removal proceedings. Most “requests” end up giving you preprinted canned answers and are mostly useless from what I have seen.