Citizenship is Process; Need to expat out of US

moxie

Registered Users (C)
My husband's citizenship process is ongoing. He has the fingerprints scheduled 2 weeks from now. He already completed the 5 year requirement of being in the US after the GC last year.
His employer is looking for send us (I am a US citizen) to Hong Kong as an expat for a few years. Most likely, he will need to start work there (after receiving the Hong Kong work visa) by end of January. His employer is willing to pay for any number of visits back to the US to complete his citizenship requirements. So he may be coming back for the interview and Oath ceremony after he begins work there.
Any thoughts and advice is sincerely appreciated. If we need to think of something please let us know.
Regards.
Mox

I am on work visa, don't have GC yet - it is in process. My LC is pending at Dallas BEC. My company offered me Expat to Singapore. Plan is to return back after 2-3 years, by then hopefully we will have GC. Can anyone advise if it has any –ve impact on the GC process?

Our immigration attorney says YES, has anyone doing the same?. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Appreciate your help.

Project_A