Citizenship interview- Question???

Rifecu said:
Can I have the N-400 application out while the "interviewer" reviews the application?
Well according to some people having a copy of your N-400 out during the interview is not a good idea. The premise is that since you filled the N-400 you should know it intimately. Therefore some people recommend going over the N-400 several times BEFORE the interview and not taking it out during the interview.

Again, this is what I have heard. I have not had my interview yet. So some folks who have had their interview can answer this question more appropriately.

I would not recommend having a copy of N-400 in front of you while the IO is going over it. In a sense, it is a "test" that you know what answers you provided.

Of course, just to ensure, you can go through those handful of questions at home or while you are waiting for the interview.

During my interview the IO had the application on his desk and I could actually see the whole thing.

Not a good idea.

If you have honestly answered all the questions and if you go over the application couple of times just before the interview while waiting then there is no need to have application with you while the IO is going thorough the verification process during interview.

Good luck.

It is a good idea to go through the N-400 few times before the interview and then also carry copy of N-400 to the interview. You can have your copy infront of you when the IO is asking the questions, there no such bar. Make sure you do not contradict any answer at the interview than what you have in N-400.