Citizenship for minor child please help!!!!

betterdays

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone!!
Here is my situation, I will be applying for citizenship feb of 2010 and will eventually become citizen by may or june of that year. I got my green card in 2006(backdated for 2005) thru asylum. I had a child and a fiance when I applied back then for my asylum and didn't add my fiance and daugther in my asylum application since we were not married at the time and in addition she was living overseas with my daugther.
My fiance and daugther came in the US back in 2006 respectively with F1 and F2 visas.
we got married in sept 2006 and I immediately filed I130 for both of them. Seems that i will be Citizen before that I130 complete. Unfortunately, my wife failed to maintain her f1 status as she missed one semester due to financial hardship.
I am sure that once I become Citizen in couple months, I will be able to file a new I130 for my wife and she will be ok. But reading posts in this website, my daughter who is 8 years old will need a green card along with my naturalization letter to obtain her passport. Please any thougts and advise on my case?

Your daughter should first get her green card (by filing I-130). She is considered a US citizen on the day all of the following is true:

She is admitted into US as a permanent resident;
She is in your physical custody;
You are a US citizen;
She is under 18 years old.

Hello Everyone!!
Here is my situation, I will be applying for citizenship feb of 2010 and will eventually become citizen by may or june of that year. I got my green card in 2006(backdated for 2005) thru asylum. I had a child and a fiance when I applied back then for my asylum and didn't add my fiance and daugther in my asylum application since we were not married at the time and in addition she was living overseas with my daugther.
My fiance and daugther came in the US back in 2006 respectively with F1 and F2 visas.
we got married in sept 2006 and I immediately filed I130 for both of them. Seems that i will be Citizen before that I130 complete. Unfortunately, my wife failed to maintain her f1 status as she missed one semester due to financial hardship.
I am sure that once I become Citizen in couple months, I will be able to file a new I130 for my wife and she will be ok. But reading posts in this website, my daughter who is 8 years old will need a green card along with my naturalization letter to obtain her passport. Please any thougts and advise on my case?

What nkm-oct23 said is correct.

In addition, it is my understanding that, once you become a U.S. citizen, you won't have to file new I-130 for your wife and child, but will be able to upgrade existing I-130 for them to reflect your citizenship status. See
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=285076