Citizenship eligibility

Montrealer77

Hi. Having trouble finding clear answer.
I am about to receive my citizenship next month. I was born abroad to one US parent which made me eligible.
I will be continuing to live in Canada with my wife and 2 minor children. Are my wife and children able to obtain US citizenship through me without me having physical presence in the US?

Thanks

Hi. Having trouble finding clear answer.
I am about to receive my citizenship next month. I was born abroad to one US parent which made me eligible.
I will be continuing to live in Canada with my wife and 2 minor children. Are my wife and children able to obtain US citizenship through me without me having physical presence in the US?

Thanks
When you say you are about to “receive” your citizenship next month, can you be more clear about what process you have followed? Did you derive citizenship at birth and are only formalizing it now?

In general if you are a US citizen and you have children under 18, all residing outside the US, and you don’t meet the physical presence requirements to pass on citizenship but your own US citizen parent did, then you can file an N600K for them.
Note the general requirements on page 1, which include:

The child’s U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States for a period or periods totaling at least five years, at least two of which were after 14 years of age. If the U.S. citizen parent does not meet this requirement, the U.S. citizen parent’s own U.S. citizen parent (grandparent) has to have been physically present in the United States for a period or periods totaling at least five years, at least two of which were after 14 years of age.

You would need to be able to show proof of such physical presence.

There is no way your wife can just derive citizenship from you. You would have to sponsor her for a green card, which would require both of you to move to the US, and then she could apply for citizenship after meeting the continuous residence and physical presence requirements.

Thank you for your answer.
To clarify: I am obtaining my citizenship through birth and am only formalizing it now at age 45.

I have high school and college records for my father showing 5 years. 2 of which were post age 14. As well on his death certificate it shows that he was a resident of his county for 26 years. This would be before my children were born.
If needed, I could probably jump through hoops the get employment and tax records, but I would prefer not jumping. Lol

As for my wife, I figured I would have to sponsor. She is Canadian so she can stay in the US for 6 months a year, so I guess we’ll cross that bridge when retirement age comes around or if I get a good enough job offer.

Is there any other surprise that I might run into for the kids citizenship?

Assuming you have read all the requirements for N600k on the link I posted and are satisfied they’re met, there should be no surpriises.