Citizenship - Civic Tests - Experts, I need your advice please

vramakrishnan

Registered Users (C)
Experts,

I have interview appointment for Citizenship on April 26th 2006. I have the following questions.

1) Is it enough that I prepare/practice the sample 96 questions/Quick Civic test preparation posted on USCIS web site or I should study with more details.

2) How the civic tests are administered ?. Is it Orally asked or by written method ?

3) Any idea how many questions the officer may ask and will that be always from the 96 sample questions posted in USCIS web site ?.

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Venkat Ramakrishnan

JoeF, I have follow-up question on your answers. Can you please reply?

JoeF,

Can you please tell me when you took the civic tests ,out of the 10 questions on civic tests, how many questions you got from the sample 96 questions posted on USCIS web site?. Did you recollect?.

Thanks for the info.

Venkat Ramakrishnan

my civic test was conducted verbally. i don't remember how many i was asked (5-6?), but the questions were straight from the questions posted on the uscis website. from my experience and my parents' experience i would say study those questions and you will be fine. but if you want to study more, it's up to you.

People worry about everythin , but if you can get on this forum all by yourself and can read the test 4-5 times on your own you should be okay no matter how many you get wrong as long as is not more then 4 :)
on my case the IO read them from the computer and entered the answer by pressing some keys on the computer
some print them up for you and have u answer them loudly
my IO was mumbling a lot but i still got them all 10 so..

Last edited by a moderator:
Our questions were 100% from the official list - and that is as of 4-14-06. There is a nice website that lets you train for the test for free: http://www.quia.com/jfc/80851.html
Be aware though that you may be asked about your local government. It's easy enough to know who your mayor and your state representative is.
The history guide is interesting to read but really overkill if you just want to pass the test. By the way, also our reading and writing test was from the official list. In my opinion, unless you pass out or you would be under heavy medication, you have to put up alot of effort NOT to pass the civic exam.

Alex

My questions were right from the online test at USCIS, but they were not in multiple choice format. I had been doing the online test by covering up the screen and only reading the questions and saying the answer out loud before seeing the answer list...

It was oral. Very informal, she just asked the questions and I answered them.

She had a list of 10 preprinted questions. I got one wrong "What is the most important right?" I said Free Speech, she said The Vote. After I had answered question 7 (meaning 6 correct) she stopped asking. I guess 6 right = pass.

She then highlighted the 10th question, handed me the sheet and asked me to read the question out loud. I didn't have to answer it - it was just the English Reading test.