Citizenship application procedures

SanJoseCA

Registered Users (C)
Need to file my N-400 very soon, have a few questions. Your answers will be appreciated.

1. It says we can file 90 days in advance of 5 or 3 year annivasary. So if my GC date is 05/18/2001, then the earliest date I can file is 02/19/2005, right? Since Feb has 28 days and March has 31 days, the actual earliest date should be 02/18/2006. But I am afraid USCIS may consider 02/18/06 as 1 day early.
2. Should I mail by first class mail, priority mail or FedEx? I guess USCIS look at the stamping date of the mail to determine if it is too early, right?
3. Should I write one single check of $400 for both application fee $330 and biometric fee $70?
4. The application should be sent to California Service Center, not San Jose office. Right? Should we use the same address for 1st class mail, priority mail or FedEx?
5. In average, when can I expect to get my citizenship?

Thanks!

SanJoseCA said:
Need to file my N-400 very soon, have a few questions. Your answers will be appreciated.

1. It says we can file 90 days in advance of 5 or 3 year annivasary. So if my GC date is 05/18/2001, then the earliest date I can file is 02/19/2005, right? Since Feb has 28 days and March has 31 days, the actual earliest date should be 02/18/2006. But I am afraid USCIS may consider 02/18/06 as 1 day early.
2. Should I mail by first class mail, priority mail or FedEx? I guess USCIS look at the stamping date of the mail to determine if it is too early, right?
3. Should I write one single check of $400 for both application fee $330 and biometric fee $70?
4. The application should be sent to California Service Center, not San Jose office. Right? Should we use the same address for 1st class mail, priority mail or FedEx?
5. In average, when can I expect to get my citizenship?

Thanks!

1. if you are so much worried about the 1-2 day thing, why don't you
send in your application after 02/20/2006 to be on the safe side.
1-2-3 days here or there is not going to matter anyway..

(I wonder why people who wait for 3-5 years make such a big deal
about this 3 months/ 90 day question everytime....when you have
already waited for 5 years, what is the problem is waiting for 1-5 more
days)

2. Doesn't matter. irrelevant question if you understand my reply to #1

3. yes

4. yes for both

5. depends on your luck..(can range anywhere from 4.5 months - 12 months)
no one can guarantee you anything..