Citizen Ship for children

gc0999

Registered Users (C)
My daughter is less than 18 years old and my wife is becoming a US citizen in September 2008. I am still on GC and will get citizenship only after two more years. Can I get a citizenship for my daughter and if yes what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance for the help.

My daughter is less than 18 years old and my wife is becoming a US citizen in September 2008. I am still on GC and will get citizenship only after two more years. Can I get a citizenship for my daughter and if yes what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Does your daughter have her own GC and live with your wife? If so, providing she remains under 18 at the time your wife takes her oath, she becomes a USC automatically. You can then either apply directly for her passport (quicker), or apply for an N-600 certificate of citizenship (longer, but does not expire).

Does your daughter have her own GC and live with your wife? If so, providing she remains under 18 at the time your wife takes her oath, she becomes a USC automatically. You can then either apply directly for her passport (quicker), or apply for an N-600 certificate of citizenship (longer, but does not expire).

How about kids (under 18) with GC who stay with the other parent having GC? How does one go about getting that child USC? Isn't that automatic also?

Yes, Muku, check carefully the part where it says the child has to be in physical and legal custody of the parent who is being naturalized.