Citizen ship Approved Oath on Aug 19th

krish10

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Yester day I had very plesant interview experience in Houston,TX.My appointment time was 9.30 AM.I was there by 9.00 AM.There were lot of people.After I placed my interview letter at the window and waited.Around 9.35 they called my name and had civics test.IO officer had a paper with list of questions from which she asked and filled the answers after I answered.They are very simple.Here are the questions.
1.When was the constitution written
2.Name one border state of Canada.
3.what is freedom of religion
4.Name the ocean in east coast
5.what is the age to register for selective service.
6.who is the president during world war I.
I answered all of them.She stopped and told I passed civics test and wait for Application interview.I was waited about 5 minutes before my name called by another officer.He took to his office.He was very nice.He basically asked my name and address after Oath.Then he inquired about weather I paid all taxes,any citations or arrest,deportations and links with terrorist organizations.I said yes to paid taxes and no to others.Then he told he is going to recommend for approval,asked me to sign on 2 photographs and application form.He congradulated and told me oath next week and I can wait to get oath form mean while he is going to show my file another officer for final review.I came to waiting area and waited.After 15 minutes I got my oath form which scheduled for Aug '19th.I was out of building by 10:20 A.M.
I took my wife with me as her interview scheduled for Sept 4th.when I requested IO weather they can accomodate her today,IO told me unfortunately they do not keep all the files in that facility as her file is in storage some where and they will get the files near interview date.Thats all.Thanks for all who supported this forum and shared their experiences.Best of Luck to waiting folks update you more after Oath

Congrats Krish,

Almost there. My interview is next week and my mind went blank answering your questions. Aarrggghhhh. :D

Krish10 congrats-good to know when folks have a good experience in good ol' Houston

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Congratulations. That was 2 and a half months from the time you sent in your application. Couldn't ask for anything better!