ciba -pl update Passport Stamping done at Westminister(LA-Orange county)

ramcrk

Registered Users (C)
We had our passport stamping done at westminister office today(4/24/01). My details:
PD 8/95 India EB2/regular/with MS in US
I-485 RD: 1/5/01
ND: 1/22/01
AP: 2/12/01
FP: 3/3/01
EAd: 3/15/01
I-485 approved: 4/18/01
Passport stamped: 4/24/01(Tuesday)

My experience at WestMinister Office:
I went to Westminister office to have my passport stamped(even though my I-485 approval notice mentions about LA office) after reading Mayyo, Nanda & Ramiyer_21a\'s experiences on ciba\'s web site. Thanks guys.

Westminister Office Address: 14560 Magnolia, Westminster, California (Near Westminster & Magnolia Intersection)

Directions:
From south Orange county:
5N -> 22west -> Magnolia exit -> Left on exit -> Left on Magnolia
-> Left on hazard(1 signal south of Westminister Ave) -> Office is immediately on the right side.

You can also reach here from 405 -> magnolia exist -> Go north on Magnolia.

I did not take any appointment with INS for the passport stamping.

7:15am We are in front of the INS westminister office. There about 70 people in the line(standing outside the building on the pathway). Looks like most of the people came to get some forms or get the info. We had to stand in the line for next 50 minutes before we could see the Information booth.

8:10am Officer in Information booth (at the side(east) entrance door) gave us 2 tokens(one for me and one for my wife) after making sure we have approval notice and photos. When I looked at the line there are still about 25 people in the line to get the tokens or to get the info from information booth.

8:15am I entered the INS building thru main entrance (on the south side). There about 100 chairs and about 50,60 people waiting for different kinds of applications. (Looks like people with different kind of applications got different token types. There 5 different "Now serving" displays for 5 different token types. We got token Type - A). There are 12 people ahead of us in Token catagory - A.

8:50 am Dispaly-A displayed our number and we both went to window. IIO asked for I-485 approval notice, EAD, Photos and passport. While she is doing the paper work, I remembered that passport has only I-94 card which is given at the port of entry. So I tore the I-94 portion of H1 and gave it to IIO. She never asked for H1 notice or advanced parole document and I did not give them. She took the signature and finger print of index finger on the I-89 form then she stamped the passport and gave it us. For each person she took 10 minutes and we were out by 9:10am. When we checked our passports she did not take the I-94\'s stapled our passports, but took the other I-94s.

9:15 am Out of the INS Building. When I looked at the line there are only couple of people waiting in the line in front of the information booth (at the side entrance) for the tokens/info.

No Title

Hi rmcrk, how is the car parking situation. I am planning to go to Westminster on 04/30/01. My notice also says LA.

No Title

areyosamba,
I parked in Church parking(It looks as if it is INS parking). Note: Church parking lot closes at 4pm.
I have not tried but you may also check on the Hazard or on Magnolia ave for street parking. Since this is not downtown I am sure you will find the parking somewhere. I can also see a public park on the other side of Hazard. You may even try there.

No Title

hi,

COuld somebody explain why is that somebody can go to local INS for Passport stamping. Because My friend has to go to Downtown LA to get his stamped.

Thanks
Anil

No Title

ramcrk,

I posted your nice message to the Personal Experiences last night.
Thanks for sharing the info.

ciba

No Title

Anilmote,
Usually peole go to the office specified in the I-485 approval notice. I-485 approval notice of the people living around LA have only LA-downtown office specified on their notice(correct me if I am wrong). I don\'t know why, but some people tried at westminister office even though their approval notice said to go to LA-downtown office(and they got their card without any problem. eg:Mayyo, Irvine. Check ciba \'s site for plastic stracking, persnonal experiences-passport stamping). When I checked about going to this office with my attorney he said that "I can go to westminister office and if they can do the passport stamping for me(even though my approval notice tell me to go to LA-downtown office), then there is nothing to worry about".

My theory is "Westminister office started accepting this kind of applications recently and INS computer systems did not update it. So I-485 approval notice does not specify this office address. Otherwise I don\'t see any reason why LA-downtown office does not want to share their work load with Westminister office".

Any other comments or theories.

PS: My oberservation is Westminister office is a big office and provide more services compared other local offices like Santa Ana office etc.