Ciba, my case has been transferred to L.A. office!

hua zhang

Registered Users (C)
Ciba, I just listened the AVM, my case has been transferred to Los Angeles office on May 17, 2001.

I really don\'t know when can be interviewed?

No Title

Hi,

At least 4 people in the same situation as yourself recently posted information on the board. See the discussion at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.ef3871b/6

If you are assigned to the Westminther (or something like that) local office you may be a looking at a couple of months before the interview. In San Jose it looks more like 8 months.

Read the above post thread and maybe post your timeline ( Receipt date, notice date, finger print).

No Title

Oops, sorry to hear that, zhanghua. There will always
be bad news cracking through once in a while among all
the approvals.

I know you are disappointed, but a few folks are in the
same boat. Join ProActive\'s thread. You will feel better
if you know there are others just like you.

I appreciate your taking time to update your data. Please
keep us posted on the development of your case.

ciba

No Title

Ciba, I have question. If after the interview, the INS rejests our case due to any reasons (small volume of people working in the company; wife has a different address from what I have mentioned to the INS (we actually married) ; wife has had an car accident (not been arrested) and filed chapter 7 and the case has been discharged recently; wife coming to the U.S. with a B-1 visa and transferred to F-1 in the U.S.; etc.)

SO what will happen to us (me and wife) if the INS rejects our case, of course I will ask my lawyer come together with me when the interview day comes.

Please share your ideas.

Thank you very much!

No Title

Zhangua,

Sorry to hear that your case was transferred.
I will pray that you see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

No Title

if u did not have any criminal charges then u should be fine. with out of status problems u can use 245(i) if u are eligible. According to the books there is no appeal. But what i have heard is that if u get rejected, then u can file an appeal ie., refile another application which will give u time (and the second time try to come up with more information that is not submitted first time) and if that get rejected i think u can appeal to a court. I would like to hear from people who have gone through such a situation

No Title

Hua,

There is some overlap between your concerns and mine. I also have a complex familly situation, at least when observed from the outside.

Maybe the INS just wants to make sure that other members of the familly are getting the GC on merit, i.e. there is no pending divorce situation and the couple sticks together just for the GC.

No Title

Hi, there!

the reason for keeping 2 addresses for me and my wife is she is studying in Los Angeles city near clver city 3 times a week and I am working in irvine. so it takes about 1 hour to drive (one way)

I am out of strength to wait for this interview!!! another 2 years?

No Title

Stay cool. I am in the same boat. I just see approvals passing by and my case is transferred to sanjose for Interview.

No Title

zhanghua,

If a case get denied at the interview, they will send a formal
notice requesting the person to leave the country on a specific
date. But let\'s not worry about this right now. None of the
reasons cited in your message can be used for denial. All you
have to do at the interview is to answer questions truthfully.

So far I have only seen one case (an NSC folk) which got
denied after the interview. The reason is immigration fraud.
This person is fighting the denial now (but no furthur news
yet).

Also, I remember last year many people whose case were
transferred to LA office were very pessimistic about the long
waiting time for the interview. It turned out that the wait
was not that long as they originally thought.

So relax and get your mind off the transfer for a moment.
I am sure you will be fine in the end.

ciba

No Title

My case on ciba\'s list (Kelvin Liu), two days ago, one guy in our company was interviewed in LA, the office just ask him the company\'s last year tax return, but he don\'t have it, the officer give him a form and ask him to mail the company\'s last year tax return. So who should get the interview notes, you should bring your company last year\'s tax return.

No Title

My case on ciba\'s list (Kevin Liu), two days ago, one guy in our company was interviewed in LA, the office just ask him the company\'s last year tax return, but he don\'t have it, the officer give him a form and ask him to mail the company\'s last year tax return. So who should get the interview notes, you should bring your company last year\'s tax return.

No Title

Thanks a thousand times, Ciba!

I do will post my experience of interview later, no matter I am ok or not ok. I think it can help others like me. Hoping the interview notice can be a little bit earlier than I expect.

Ciba, I thought for half a day today the reason the INS transferred my case to L.A. office.

Here are the mainreasons I think:
1) company address is changed---On July, 2000, the company moved to the nearby location for a more convenient business chance.

2) small volume of employees in the company---the company started in 1996 by 4 people and later was 7. when I came to the U.S. in Aug 1999(under the L1A visa) it was 5 people. By the year May 2000, one employee was passed away of cancer (73 years old); the other 2 was left the company in Aug 2000. So now only me and my boss who has a greencard.

3) my nationality---I was born in china, and from 1989 I studied in Japan and found the job and worked there for 2 years. The same company helped me coming to the U.S. in Aug 1999. When I was in Japan, I transferred my nationality to the Marshall Islands by the country investment program (in May 1996). So now I am a Marshallese citizen. The L-1 visa was on the Marshallese passport. (but I did not live in the Marshall Islands in my life)

4) my wife\'s F1 visa---in 1993 she came to the US by the B1 visa and within 1 month she transferred to F1 in the US. Then she noticed that she could not go out of the US since she can not come into this country.
but in 1996 she went out the US to Japan and we met there and we went together to the marshall islands. From the Marshall islands, she came back to the US by entering Hawaii port. (Actually she could not come into the US without the visa but the INS in Hawaii LET her IN!!) At that time she lived in San Fransico. When she came to the SF INS, the officer could not understand why the Hawaii INS could let her in! And the INS in SF gave my wife the student visa in 1996.
From 1993 till now, she always been a student and never out of status.
5) 2 different addresses---as previous i have posted.

any comments, Ciba?

Thank you very much!

No Title

Hi hua,

You case is very "interesting" (sorry for choosing the
wrong word... no bad intention in any way).

Company address change and having two residential addresses
are probably not the reasons for the transfer. According
to your descriptions, my guess is that CSC wants to verify
your employment situation due to the very small size of
your company. However, as long as company exists and is
legitimate, there should not be any problem. After all,
they had examined your company thoroughly in I-140 stage.

Forgive me for my geographical ignorance, but where is Marshall
island? Is it a country or US territory?

The previous immigration history of your wife could also be
some concern. The quick change of status from B1 to F1 is not
considered a smart move, but as long as she obtained the status
change from INS, it would be fine. Did she get an approval
(i.e., with a new I-94) from INS? She can not just switch to
F1 by herself. How did she obtain F1 status from San Francisco
INS office? You should ask a good immigration lawyer to look
into her history carefully.

Let\'s keep this thread active. We can learn a lot from you.
Thanks so much for a nice post detailing your case.

ciba

No Title

Hi, kevin 102:

do you know the guy\'s ND and FP and when has been transferred to LA office, please let me know, thank you!