Ciba and others,two cases co-exist in csc

jennifer zhang

Registered Users (C)
Hello Ciba:

I found a issue you replied 2 days ago about one cannot have two I485 case at the same time.I remember my friend has the same problem and told him about this. He was scared and asked me to post his case in this board and hoped to get help from you.

His lawyer filed his I485 7 months ago . 2 months later he didnot got the notice then found that his lawyer made a mistake: his case was sent to general corresponding mail box of CSC other than I485 box.The lawyer filed a new one again and told to my friend he will withdraw the old case in case the old case was transferred to I485 box.But one month later, he got both receipt notices of old and new case and have the same A# but different WAC# .the old case notice date is 2 months before his new case. But my friend still hesitated to withdraw his old case.Then one month later he got FP based on his old case.His lawyer told him to do FP directly because FP is based on A# ,not wac #..Now the problem is what is the side effect of 2 cases co-existing at the same time, Is it illegal or need the applicant interview or just confuse the officer to send ref.

My friend is very anxious now and he cannot get much help from his lawyer.The lawyer is very nice and always say sorry to my friend . My friend would like to withdraw his old case but worry about how efficiency the withdraw is and if it produce any side-effect to the new case. Ciba, do you think is it necessary or is it too late to withdraw it ? We donot know how INS run our cases.Have the two case been already put in the same fold now or in seperate folds? If now withdraw it but the case has been assigned to a officer, Does it confuse the officer and have my friend interview?

Please give him advice.

No Title

Ask your friend to request his/her lawyer to withdraw one
of the two cases. The withdrawal has to be done by writing.
Keep a copy of the letter for future use if INS later
questions.

ciba