ciba and others please help

jennifer zhang

Registered Users (C)
My friend got a FP notice yesterday .he filed one I485 4 months ago.He withdrew it and filed a new one 2 months later by some personel reason .He got both of the cases\' receipt number which are different but A# is the same. He doesnot know how efficiency the withdraw processing is because the FP notice is based on the old one (the old I485 receipt number printed on the finger print notice). Is any possibility that INS issuing FP is according to A# other than I485 receipt number? If it is true,then he has no chance to get a new FP based on the new case ? Does he need to take the FP notice and do it on the appointment day or just ignore and wait for the new one? Any advice will be highly appreciated!

No Title

As I know, the FP process in local ASC/INS and FBI is done according to A#, not WAC#.
So please go to take FP according to the notice in hand.

No Title

Thank you very much. But the problem is that maybe the old case is discarded or still there.When his case is assigned to an officer there are 2 circumstancs.one is that the officer cannot find the old one because it was withdrew so FP based on it makes no sense. Another is that there are 2 cases for one applicant,so the officer should pick up the new one but no FP based on the new one.What will happen?

No Title

Please go to http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm and click "Personal Experiences" to see the FP-related postings.

After FP is done, its result is stored in a "FP-only computer system" which is indexed by A#.
When a 485 case in the "main system" is about to be adjudicated, someone will fetch the FP data from the "FP-only computer system" using the A#.

The current problem is: you are not sure if there will be another FP notice in the future.
Even if there will, it doesn\'t hurt anything to have an extra FP done before that.
If there will not, ....

No Title

The FP itself is bound with A#.
Different cases (with different receipt #) can share one A# and therefore, one FP.

No Title

Hi Lancer,Clement:
Do you mean that My friend can go ahead and do FP regardless the FP notice is based on the old or new case and when his case is assigned to an officer and the officer should get his FP result from the FP box? But one problem is: will his new case will be adjucated if no FP notice issued by the new one?.another problem is can he request to change the old I485 receipt number printed ion the FP notice into new I485 receipt number when he does FP in ASC?

No Title

If the new case cannot be adjudicated without FP notice issued, then INS will issue a new FP notice in the future.

ASC only takes the FP, labels the FP file with A# and sends it to FBI.
ASC doesn\'t care anything about your receipt number.
ASC is just a subcontractor, it isn\'t a branch of INS.

FP is bound only with A#, not receipt number. Why can\'t you get it?

Someone reported that he received FP notice with EAD (instead of 485) receipt number on it. But since A# was correct, it caused no problem.

FP notice is for taking FP only.
After FP is done, it becomes useless and will be taken by ASC.