church membership and N400

I would say yes especially if you donate money to the organization and put it on your tax return.

I disclosed it along with other organizations like Red Cross I have ever given money just to be on the safe side.

Absolutely NO. If it was the case that you had to list every membership, you may as well include the gym, P.T.A. union membership, the list is endless.

They are concerned with organisations that may have some sympathies/links with terrorist/crinimal organisations.

I am also interested in this question about being a member of groups or organizations. We don't really have to answer YES like you said do we since I sure do not remember what I belonged to in college. Do they check and see what you once belonged to even though they were just productive organizations and not anything that would hurt anyone or go against America? I also belong to many groups on facebook, I don't have to list them, do I? I am not trying to be silly here, but I just want to do the right thing.

I also donated clothes to thrift shops but no receipts since I just put them in the drop box. Wah

I am also interested in this question about being a member of groups or organizations. We don't really have to answer YES like you said do we since I sure do not remember what I belonged to in college. Do they check and see what you once belonged to even though they were just productive organizations and not anything that would hurt anyone or go against America? I also belong to many groups on facebook, I don't have to list them, do I? I am not trying to be silly here, but I just want to do the right thing.

I also donated clothes to thrift shops but no receipts since I just put them in the drop box. Wah

No - you don't have to list them.

I listed my religious group on my application because I submitted a request to take the modified oath (unable to bear arms).

I cannot bear arms neither because of my faith. But mine is not an organized religion so how do I get documentation to prove it?

I cannot bear arms neither because of my faith. But mine is not an organized religion so how do I get documentation to prove it?

Very difficult. If you are deadset on this, then you are better advised to find a lawyer and be ready to argue in a courtroom. There are no easy and acceptable outlets, since you are asking an exception to requirement, which is paramount to the security of this country. There is a good chance at the end of it, your application will be denied permanently.

Very difficult. If you are deadset on this, then you are better advised to find a lawyer and be ready to argue in a courtroom. There are no easy and acceptable outlets, since you are asking an exception to requirement, which is paramount to the security of this country. There is a good chance at the end of it, your application will be denied permanently.

This is not true; I successfully had my oath modified to exclude the bearing of arms part and the religious invocation. You do need to provide supporting documentation for the bearing of arms part, but that can be from an organization helping Conscientious Objectors. The relevant supreme court decision is U.S.v. Seeger, 280 U.S. 163 (1965). You also need to be prepared to be firm with IOs that are largely ignorant on the details of this issue. So do your homework; it is not easy but possible.

Here is an earlier post from me that provides some references:

http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=2047697&postcount=13

Can I be deported just because I am not able to bear arms? Or should I just hire an attorney about this? It is not that I don't want to bear arms but I am not allowed to because of my faith. If I participate in any type of violence, I can suffer dire consequences in my afterlife.

Can I be deported just because I am not able to bear arms? Or should I just hire an attorney about this? It is not that I don't want to bear arms but I am not allowed to because of my faith. If I participate in any type of violence, I can suffer dire consequences in my afterlife.

You do not need to hire an attorney and US cannot permanently bar you from naturlization. Just be firm and provide as much documentation as you can describing the reasons. I included - a letter from an overseer at my congregation; an article from a journal specifying that members of my faith do not bear arms; a personal statement indicating that I cannot bear arms but that I would be willing to do work of national importance as well as fully abide by all laws of the US and that I support the US constitution.

No, unless you have any other issues with your application, the worst case scenario would be that you stay an LPR. But if you are really serious about this, it is possible to have your oath modified; see my earlier post in this thread. Your case is actually easier, since you do have a religious reason (rather than an ethical/moral as in my case) and should therefore be able to get a letter from your religious organization that is acceptable to the USCIS. Again, you need to do your homework, since there are clear criteria you need to meet.

Ok, now this will be a problem since my faith has no congregation since people of my faith just practice at home. Should I call my congressman on this to get a letter? Or should I get an attorney to draft a letter?

Ok, now this will be a problem since my faith has no congregation since people of my faith just practice at home. Should I call my congressman on this to get a letter? Or should I get an attorney to draft a letter?

Don't worry. No need to get a letter from a congressperson or other such individual. USCIS has some guidance about modified oath in the Adjudicator's Manual which is available on their web site. Read through that and see what they are looking for when deciding whether to approve or deny a modified oath.