Child born before Landing

PD2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had applied for immigration to Canada in 2001 and now I received mail from consulate that the process is complete. In the process, I had to do medicals twice, and finger prints twice. My current medicals are going to expire in October 2006 and we have baby due in August. In the mail, the consulate has told me to land before the baby is born. I hold a job here in USA and my visa is expired and the wait period is 70 days in toronto consulate and the earliest visa appointment given to me is Sep 27 2006.

My question is can I land in Canada end of September with the baby since she will hold US visa?

I dont want to do medicals for the third time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had applied for immigration to Canada in 2001 and now I received mail from consulate that the process is complete. In the process, I had to do medicals twice, and finger prints twice. My current medicals are going to expire in October 2006 and we have baby due in August. In the mail, the consulate has told me to land before the baby is born. I hold a job here in USA and my visa is expired and the wait period is 70 days in toronto consulate and the earliest visa appointment given to me is Sep 27 2006.

My question is can I land in Canada end of September with the baby since she will hold US visa?

I dont want to do medicals for the third time.

Follow the instructions from the consulate. Land before the baby is born. If you do not land before the baby is born, your immigration papers will become invalid and you may have to re-apply for the immigration. So, LAND BEFORE THE BABY IS BORN - act NOW..

Thanks for the reply, but my wife is already in 9th month and cannot fly and also I cannot return to US since I dont have valid VISA and they have wait period of 70 days in toronto

Last edited by a moderator:
but my wife is already in 9th month and cannot fly and also I cannot return to US since I dont have valid VISA and they have wait period of 70 days in toronto

Dude, there is no way out - you have to land before the child is born - period! Otherwise lose the opportunity to become a cdn PR. Can't you use the AVR to return to the US instead of having to require a visa?

what is AVR?

-- Automatic Visa Revalidation. Are you an Indian citizen? Do you have a valid I-797? Do you have a expired H1 visa (or any expired visa) sticker in your passport?

If the answer to all of these questions is "yes", then you may want to use the AVR. Google it and you will get more information on this. This topic has been discussed more than a million times on this forum. You will find my previous posts if you look for it..

Thanks BigBoy for the pointers. Its been of a great relief. Can you also let me know if I should be carrying any other documents for AVR other Passport, I-94 and H1-b extension papers?

Can I land in vancouver and give the address of Alberta for PR, or it has to be local in vancouver?

Thanks

Can I land in vancouver and give the address of Alberta for PR, or it has to be local in vancouver?

-- You can give any address in Canada. Alberta address is fine even if you land in Vancouver.

For the AVR, carry this: Passport (and an expired visa in it), Valid I-94 and your H1B approval notice. Carry some recent pay stubs to prove that you are still employed. They do not ask for it, but it does not hurt to carry it. Remember, just travel to Canada (for less than 30 days) and come back to USA to be eligible for the AVR.

Thanks for the information. I am feeling little better now. I had initially selected "Toronto" as the landing port of entry, but I am willing to go to Vancouver since its closer to where I live currently, so was wondering if its okay to go to Vancouver and give address of Alberta?

Thanks much for your help!!