Registered Users (C)
IND-IL-EB3
PD: Aug 7, 1998
RD: Dec 26, 2001
FP: Aug 7, 2002
RFE: July 25, 2003
RFE Type: Employment - self; vaccinations, birth cert - spouse
RFE Response recd: Aug 5, 2003
AD: Aug 26, 2003 (both online message and AVM updated)

Here are some of the 'high'lights:
Total duration: 5 years and 3 weeks
Labor (non-RIR): 3 years and 2 weeks
I-140: 57 days
I-485: exactly 20 months

Here are some 'Low' lights:
Employer let go off people twice (1999, 2002);
Employer filed for bankruptcy
Size of company has shrunk by close to 75%

Very honestly, you guys on the forum have kept me going, with all your encouragement, and help from time to time.

Thanks to Rajeev Khanna and Greaty-K

I am sure all of you will get approved soon. My best wishes to you.
Thanks,
Chikki:)

a well-deserved congratulations!

yours is an inspiring story, and i am really happy for you. in fact, i noticed your approval on rupnet and reported it in this forum even before you did! your approval gives us hope.

once again, congrats, and enjoy your freedom!

Congrats Chikki!!

It must be a great pleasure to see the approval after all the ordeal you've been through. Nice to know that NSC is still working on the EB cases.

Congratulations again!!

cmr

Great Adventure

It’s look like you had a great adventure. Congrats!
Enjoy the new freedom of air.
Take a vacation and celebrate!

Oh God.....

You really are inspiration for all of us out here……Congrats..and thanks for your updation…

Congrats Chikki. Your story is truly inspiring and a model for endurance and patience. I am a relatively newbie to this forum. My RD is 03/26/03, ND is 04/01/03. I know I have a long way to go, but I have been in this country for almost 5 years, started my GC process very late due to circumstances and have been through crests and troughs time and again. My labor (RIR), 140, EAD, AP, FP all literally flew through in less than 9 months. Now I just have to wait, I guess. I am amazed how many people are out there going through this agonizing period and are still helpful and comforting one another even though most of us don't know each other except by some stupid user id. I just hope things change for better sooner than later.:)

Thanks all for your kind words.
My thoughts are that this whole GC process is like a black hole. No one know the rationale behind the time frames/ decisions, we all keep guessing.
I have seen several people wait for a lot of time before they scramble to get their process started, and then they worry about timely filing of 485 etc. Just dont wait, it is never a better time to start the process than rightaway.
Keep your dreams alive ..Cheers...;)

Congratulations !!!

You are right. File immediately. This is a black hole and the government want's to keep it that way. So do all the agencies involved. There is millions to be made in the process.....and this is achieved over the anxietes of us who are drilled in this process.

I have a couple of people who are GC holders and they only have to concentrate on the work and we have to worry about lot more than just work....:rolleyes: