Chicago Transfer - how much time till interview date

siddisa

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am going through an excruciatingly long and painful I-485 application process like everyone else these days. Our case got transferred to Chicago Local Office in Aug 03, and I am trying to estimate when I should expect an interview date. So my question is:

1. Does Chicago Office schedule interviews based on the original Receive Date or when it got transferred. Should I expect a 8-11 months wait (that is what I could guage from some of the post) or will be prioritized faster because my notice/receive date is way in the past.

2. Are there any options of expediting the interview ? I see some post regarding 'contact you congress', but does that really help in expediting ? Is there another option as well.

Here are the details of our long, arduous process:

RD - Sept 01
ND - Oct 01
FP #1 - Dec 01
RFE #1 - Sept 02
RFE #2 - May 03
TD - Aug 03
FP #2 - Oct 03

and now more waiting.... 26 months and counting !!

Appreciate the help, and hope the wait gets over as soon as possible for all of us. Good luck.

Regards,
siddisa

Interview will be scheduled based on receipt date, not transferred
date. I expect you wil be scheduled at the beginning of next year.

My receipt date is the same as you. but, my case was transfered to Chicago office one year back ago and just finished interview on 11/13/03. Not stamped due to name check and still waiting.

Thanks sueh.

All,
Does anyone has any insight regarding 'contacting your congressman' approach for logging a status inquiry ? Does it help ?

Regards,
Salman

sept01

My is quite simmilar date 9-01 receipt, 10-01 receipt 10-03 second fingerprint ....
My filling is if you have waited 26 months 4 more months are not going to hurt you.
As per as contacting your cogressman keep that as your last option. In case of emergency or some problem arrises. At this point mostly they will find out that your case is being worked on and waiting for security clearace or name check... .....b...s....

It is all up to you.