Chicago N-400 timeline please?

SamP

Registered Users (C)
Anyone out there from Chicago area?

Could you please post your N-400 timeline?

Thanks.

Chicago N-400 time line

What a hopeless department is INS or BCIS or whatever.
I have never seen such a bogus department in U.S.

My receipt date for N-400 is: 09/09/02.
Fingureprinting on: 11/22/02
Waiting for interview.

I called to Nebraska Service center. It took 3 hours to get the connection. The yawning lady told me that my Fingureprint processing has been done. But, My file is not in the queue.
Should chicago request the file from them in order to process the case? What is this queue? how does this whole process work?
Why it's faster for some people and slower for others? Why they are not providing simple customer service? BCIS told me that whoever lives in area code 60133, processing time is 8 months. I told the same thing at Nebraska center. They told me that BCIS doesn't know the s..t !!!!! Could anybody answer if they know about this.

Thanks,
ketpin

ketpin:

Thanks for the reply.

You may want to try calling again... my experience with INS/BCIS...
is that you sometimes find a good CSR when you call again!

Any how pl. post msg when you get interview letter.

Thanks

BCIS, district office and Nebraska misleading

Hi Sam P. Thank you for your reply. Did you mean, should I call to BCIS to that 800 number or Chicago office or Nebraska? Because Nebraska told me that my file was there. I need to call to Chicago office if I want to expedite the matter. Chicago office said the file is with Nebraska, so they will send whenever it comes. BCIS said that the processing time is 8 months. Do you know, does that make any difference if we go to chicago district office and fill out an inquiry form? Or is that as good as writing them? I wrote them, they replied me with pretyped letter that my fingureprinting has been processed by FBI, so wait. No congressman or senator is trying to help it seems. Please reply me with your experience.
Also, I have 2 months old child in India. Is there any way to process the file earlier or call my family here early any how?

Thanks,
ketpin