Chicago Local Transfer - Approved

I485WAITPLUS

Registered Users (C)
Approved on 4/22. This will give hope to all who are waiting for their approvals.

Details:

INDIA-EB3.
RD - 7/31/01
ND - 9/12/01
EAD/AP - 10/01
FP - 12/01
CHANGED JOB IN THE SIMILAR FIELD AFTER SIX MONTHS OF RD. DIDN'T INFORM INS ABOUT JOB CHANGE
2 ND EAD/AP - 08/02
RFE - 9/27/02 - UPDATED EMPLOYMENT LETTER, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, BIRTH CERTIFICATE (JUST HAD ONE AFFIDAVIT)
RFE RESPONDED - 10/24/02
LOCAL(CHICAGO) TRANSFER - 11/15/02
CONTACTED LOCAL SENATOR - 01/03. (I DON'T THINK THIS HELPED)
INTERVIEW NOTICE - 3/15/03.
2 ND FP - 3/22/03.
INTERVIEW - 4/22.
APPROVED AND STAMPED ON THE SAME DAY.

GOOD LUCK ...

THANKS,

V.

Hi

Me & My case also transfered to Chicago INS Y'day i.e. on Apr'23

Can you give me some advices like About documents need to take, What they asked etc.

RD: 11/27/01
ND: 12/04/01
FP: 01/31/02
TD: 04/23/03

Thanks

Congrats I485WAITPLUS !!

Can you please tell me what all they asked in the interview ?
And how long was it ? And what documents did you carry
for the interview.

Thanks

IJ

Originally posted by I485WAITPLUS
Approved on 4/22. This will give hope to all who are waiting for their approvals.

Details:

INDIA-EB3.
RD - 7/31/01
ND - 9/12/01
EAD/AP - 10/01
FP - 12/01
CHANGED JOB IN THE SIMILAR FIELD AFTER SIX MONTHS OF RD. DIDN'T INFORM INS ABOUT JOB CHANGE
2 ND EAD/AP - 08/02
RFE - 9/27/02 - UPDATED EMPLOYMENT LETTER, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, BIRTH CERTIFICATE (JUST HAD ONE AFFIDAVIT)
RFE RESPONDED - 10/24/02
LOCAL(CHICAGO) TRANSFER - 11/15/02
CONTACTED LOCAL SENATOR - 01/03. (I DON'T THINK THIS HELPED)
INTERVIEW NOTICE - 3/15/03.
2 ND FP - 3/22/03.
INTERVIEW - 4/22.

GOOD LUCK ...

THANKS,

V.

I have to carry all the originals from I-485 application, current employment letter, pay stubs, w2 forms for last 3 years, previous employment letter (i changed job after 180 days) to prove current employment, marriage certificate, lease agreement, utility bills (with spouse name included) to prove marriage.

I was asked to present current employment letter, pay stubs, previous employment letter. Spouse was asked to present lease agreement, utility bills, bank statements and that's it. We were asked hand over our EAD's and AP's. We were given approval letters and stamp on our passports.

I think the reason behind my local transfer was, I changed job during I-485 process and was married less than 3 years before I filed I-485. INS officer stressed more on the documents related to these events.

Good luck folks.

V.

Thanx

Thanks Bud,

Thanks for the reply !!! I have few more questions:

* Does Interview Notices go to Attorney also ?

* And did you check INS online trackign system, does
it have current update about your case approval ?

* And about Job Change, was officer cool about it,
or was he checking papers thoroughly for ascertaining
everything is as mentioned as in Labour

IJ

Originally posted by I485WAITPLUS
I have to carry all the originals from I-485 application, current employment letter, pay stubs, w2 forms for last 3 years, previous employment letter (i changed job after 180 days) to prove current employment, marriage certificate, lease agreement, utility bills (with spouse name included) to prove marriage.

I was asked to present current employment letter, pay stubs, previous employment letter. Spouse was asked to present lease agreement, utility bills, bank statements and that's it. We were asked hand over our EAD's and AP's. We were given approval letters and stamp on our passports.

I think the reason behind my local transfer was, I changed job during I-485 process and was married less than 3 years before I filed I-485. INS officer stressed more on the documents related to these events.

Good luck folks.

V.

1. My attorney received a copy of the interview letter.
2. Online message did not change.
3. Officer made sure I am in good shape with the current employment and verified all related doc's.

Good Luck...,

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a Lot!

Hi I485WaitPlus

Thank you so much for Valuable Info.

This is a good input to all who are waiting from the Local INS.

Thanks Again
Y.

Chicago Local transfer case approved on 24th april

INDIA-EB2.
RD - 12/2000
ND - 12/2000
CHANGED JOB IN THE SIMILAR FIELD AFTER SIX MONTHS OF RD. INFORMED INS ABOUT JOB CHANGE

LOCAL(CHICAGO) TRANSFER - June 2002
INTERVIEW NOTICE - March 14 2003
INTERVIEW - 4/24.
No chnage in online case status

Please let me know if anybody has any questions. I will check this site regularly. I can recommend a very good and helpful lawyer for the local interview process

Please -- does any body know how much time it takes to get the plastic card after interview

Couple of quick questions:

1. Did you go to the local office and inquiry your transfer during the waiting time?
2. Did you contact local congressman or senator?
3. During the interview, did the officer question a lot about the job transfer?
4. Is your case employment based or family based?

Thank you very much!

answers

1. Did you go to the local office and inquiry your transfer during the waiting time?

No.. did not go to local office. my lawyer sent queries in every 3 months to the INS .......
2. Did you contact local congressman or senator?
I am told .. it is of no use in 95 % cases.. dont do it sheer waste of time
3. During the interview, did the officer question a lot about the job transfer?
no nothing at all. i just gave her an elaborate letter which had the job change date salary .. job desc ( exactly same as in I140 )
I saw that she read the letter carefully but did not ask anything at all.
4. Is your case employment based or family based?
employment based ..
EB2

Thank so much for patiently answering those questions. I guess that the only thing that I can do now is patiently waiting forever.

Enjoy your freedom!

yes waiting is all one can do although I do suggest you get a lawyer if u dont have one. They can do regular follow ups and also assist in EAD renewals and otehr things.

I do sincerely hope you and all others do get interview calls soon as I do know that the wait is a nightmare.

Congrats ..mpatel2

By the way i have one question.

Did the Officer asked about PayStubs and tax documents or W2's?

If they asked did the officer looked into those very keenly?

The reason i am asking is My employer is reduced Basic salary and are paying towards payarrears(expenses). Because now i am working in a different state. But my family is still in IL.
Based on this my employer is paying more towards expenses.
And also i am working on EAD so it is legal to accept PayArrears.
But i am working with same employer from the moment i entered into USA. They are paying IL tax only.

My main worry is If they go through keenly what i need to tell?

thanks
ImmiIL

answer to immiIL ..

The officer only asked for my 2002 tax return . She did look at the W2 closely but I think she looking at the employers name and not the figures.

Your job letter will anyhow tell her your salary so I dont quite understand your question..

In case they do inquire .. just tell them the truth . . unless you are really unlucky, the INs officers are very patient at the time of interview and will give you time to explain..

Thanks mpatel2 for answer to my question.

It did give some confidence.

I did also check with Lawyer on the Salary & Payarrears

He is telling "There is no problem even the employer reduced the basic salary than the Salary mentioned in the Labor,if some one is working on EAD."

-ImmiIL

MY DETAILS ARE:
RD 9/13/01

WE ARE WAITING AS WELL. I AM HOPING TO HEAR THIS MONTH BUT I GUESS YOU SHOULD HEAR BEFORE ME.

Interview letter received

I have been watching this board for a while but never posted until now. This should give some hope to fellow Chicago waiters. I have received the interview notice on May 6th and it is scheduled for for june 8th. Detailes below...

RD: 9/10/2001
ND:10/15/2001
FP:12/27/2001
TD: 5/2002
Interview notice: 5/6/2003
Interview Date:6/8/2003

Did not receive a second Finger printing notice yet. I am not sure if they will ask in the interview to redo them as they are expired.

Good luck everyone... looks like chicago is picking up steam lately...

Many thanks for the update. Can you please update it after your interview as well.

I am RD 9/13 and desperately waiting to hear from Chicago. This gives me hope that it should be soon now. I hope!

Does anyone if Chicago local office send out interview notice based on 485 receipt date or the transfer date? Thank you very much!