Chicago interview done 2day

stallion4949

Registered Users (C)
There were on average 50 people in waiting room, with several interview officers(8-10) calling names from both ends of room. Was a kids play area, but no kids. The people before me were waiting for attorney so i got called few minutes early for my interview.

Made me swear to tell truth. Worked on other applicant files for a bit while I sat idle. Then he said are u ready? I said yes. He then asked 6 govt/history questions, which were all correctly answered. Then he very quickly browsed through my application, and showed me a form that wud be used for naturalization certificate and asked me if details and spelling are correct on it. I said yes. Then he went over my passport in detail and saw trips not listed on application. He said my background check was done, and said only 5% of cases are without complete background check by time of interview and those can take weeks, months or years, he said his record was 26 months! But he continued my case, saying I shud sent him a detailed list of all my entries and departures to all countries for past 5 yrs. He volunteered that once he gets that it wud be 3-4 weeks before my oath. He seemed inclined to approve the application once he got trip details. He also said I wud soon be able to get my fiancee over as i was leaving.

My PD March 23

Interview Aug 16

that's it.

Hi there -

Wonder you mentioned that he asked a list of trip details, what kind of info he is looking for? Just a sheet with all the trip details or all the proofs?

Thanks,
-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
No he didn't ask for proofs. Just asked me to type up details of trips. But he copied my passport pages so he cud verify.

Hi Stallion4949 -

Thanks for your info. It seems that he just wants the list to attach to the file to match the records in the passport...

Forget to say, congratulations on your interview.

-fchan100-

trips outside

Just curious- were these trips made after the filing of your application, or were they before & that you forgot to include them in your application??
Thanks

My friend had his interview in Chicago today. It went fine, but they told him his FBI background check is not complete and that it could take weeks, months or even a year, they just don't know when it will be done. He's a Mexican national.

Hi stallion4949,

Thanks for your post. I have my interview scheduled for October 4 in Chicago. Can you give me any idea of what the US history questions were like. I have heard that they made the test more difficult.

Thank you, Suzy

They were straight from the 96 questions, he had them all in front of him on a sheet on which he asked me to write my alien number. He then randomly asked me 6 from them and circled each question he asked for his record and put that sheet in my file.

1. What is the legislative branch?
2. How many senators are there?
3. Who said "give me liberty or give me death"?
4. Who was the main writer of the declaration of independence?
5. What is the head of a city govt called?
6. What is the bill of rights?

I happen to remember he asked me these. For any educated person the test is a cake. Do not worry, they actually allow u to get some of these wrong.

v-chicago, which address/city did the oath letter come from? I had interview Aug 16, still waiting for oath letter.

The N445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony was mailed out on August 30, 2005 (5 days following interview) from Lincoln Nebraska

Hope this information helps

All done folks the oath ceremony lasted no more than 90 minutes and following that you are given your naturalization certificate.

Good luck to all