Chicago interview and no decision question- freaking out

jdade

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,i had my interview on 24th Aug and i passed the civics test,very profesional officer and everything cheked out fine but at the end the officer asked me to mail in my canceled checks for child support and an arrest record from PD regarding a minor trafic arrest from 2000 for which i had court disposition letter pertaining the ticket but that wasn't good enough for her.

I went to PD and got arrest record and mailed it in BUT i was just looking at it and that police officer wrote a different SS # on report and im fraking out that he made a mistake.
What are my chances of the immigration officer wont look at that SS # and just look it my name and case number?

S,orry about long post any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Child support payment compliance is a very important aspect of establishing GMC and 10 out of 10 times proof of compliance with a child support court order is always required.
As fir the arrest record, do you remember if you were fingerprinted when you were arrested, if not it's quite possible that the FBI record check that USCIS ran on you has no record of the arrest because of that wrong Social. And he must have been wondering why it's not reported and wanted to see the arrest records because usually otherwise they are OK with a Certified disposition of the case.
Don't worry your arrest is 10 years old and the officer made a mistake of wrong social. If you didn't intentionally gave a wrong social or if that social comes back to you and you have not disclosed your other social in N-400 these will be the only two possibilities that will not get the results you wanted. If none of this is true sit back and relax, slowly but surely you will get your Oath letter.

Thanks namecheckvictim for response- i received my SS in 1998 so ive only had 1 SS# since then and i was fingerprinted at the time of arrest USCIS has my only SS # on record so i dont know if they saw a mistake or just checking further because the disposition should;ve been enough. I did mail the canceled check so that should not be a problem.

Child support payment compliance is a very important aspect of establishing GMC and 10 out of 10 times proof of compliance with a child support court order is always required.
As fir the arrest record, do you remember if you were fingerprinted when you were arrested, if not it's quite possible that the FBI record check that USCIS ran on you has no record of the arrest because of that wrong Social. And he must have been wondering why it's not reported and wanted to see the arrest records because usually otherwise they are OK with a Certified disposition of the case.
Don't worry your arrest is 10 years old and the officer made a mistake of wrong social. If you didn't intentionally gave a wrong social or if that social comes back to you and you have not disclosed your other social in N-400 these will be the only two possibilities that will not get the results you wanted. If none of this is true sit back and relax, slowly but surely you will get your Oath letter.

Thanks namecheckvictim for response- i received my SS in 1998 so ive only had 1 SS# since then and i was fingerprinted at the time of arrest USCIS has my only SS # on record so i dont know if they saw a mistake or just checking further because the disposition should;ve been enough. I did mail the canceled check so that should not be a problem.

One cancelled check is not gonna be enough, you probably will have to get a letter from the custodial parent that you pay Child support on time every month and are not behind. (I know, I know how that goes)
Or if it is Court ordered than a payment history from Family support payment center for your state.