Registered Users (C)
Chicago I-485 tracker Pls. Update

RD 09/2001
EAD 12/2001
FP 02/2002
EAD2 12/2002
FP2 ????
Interview ???? waiting

Does anyone apply I-485 in Chicago office..???
how much time it is taking for Processing ??
I filed in Sept 2001 ...no news on interview or 2nd FP..

Why do you want to create a new thread about the same question every week ???
Just update your old thread and it will come on top....

goodluck:)

Any Updates..??

Filed my second EAD Online on Aug 13 .Everythig went very fast(except approval) ..
So far no news on seconf FP or Interview....!! Does anyone else got any updates, news ..??????

Here's a brief update:

Today I was at INS office to inquire about my case. After my number was called the information officer looked up my case and she told me that I am scheduled for October 7th (I haven't received my appt letter yet - probably in a week or two).
So here's the recap :

RD 08/2001
EAD 11/2001
FP 02/2002
EAD2 11/2002
FP2 5/2003
Interview 10/7/2003 (tentative, no appt. letter yet)

Update to my previous post :

I received the actual appointment letter last Friday (9/12/2003). The appointment is on October 7th

Good luck to you all !

Atlast I got the 2nd FP notice yes'day. Hope it will followed by interview call soon....

Keep waiting !! :confused:
Recap of Time line

RD 09/25/01
EAD1 12/11/01
FP1 02/18/02
EAD2 12/11/02
EAD3 applied on 08/13/03..waiting for approval
FP2 09/23/03
Interview : waiting !!!!

Hope this will help

Affidavit of Support question

Hello Gurus Pls. advice on this issue..

When we filed I-485 thru. family(spouse) she was working and we submitted Affidavit of Support with last three years of tax returns. But now she got laid off and taking unemployment..
what should we do about Affidavit of Support .?? do you think we should get new Affidavit of Support form showing cash assets and or Affidavit of Support form with my income(i m the one she sponsered).????

Pls advice ..kinnda urgent:confused:

Jim,

you could use your Income on the I864 and you will be asked to fill a new one during your interview.

Also a family member or friend willing to file the I864A can do so at this time.

HTH

Chicago

filed - 08/2002
already received my second EAD
as my lawyer said :The Chicago District Office is currently processing adjustment of
status applications filed in May 2001.

So, I guess, one more year:( :( :(

ed2001 , any upudate ...how did interview went....any new info on chicago office processing time??

Atlast I got the interview notice yes'day.

Recap of Time line

RD 09/25/01
EAD1 12/11/01
FP1 02/18/02
EAD2 12/11/02
EAD3 applied on 08/13/03..waiting for approval
FP2 09/23/03
Interview : 11/13/03

Hope this will help

The interview was pretty straightforward - she just asked to see bunch of papers , like taxes, payment stubs, joint bank account (or if you don't have it bunch of utility bills in separate names but at same address should be fine) and pictures ( we brought about 30-40 pics) . Just make sure you have all the required documentation and you should be fine (don't forget to do your medical)

Also they were very punctual - our interview was scheduled at 10:55 and we were called at 10:50 to go to upper floor . We did wait for about 30 mins after that and then on to the interview.

Good luck!

I already submitted my medical forms.. do I have to do it again... or its still valid...???

ed2001, did you get the stamp same day or they gonna send the approval letter later by mail.. just curious!!!!

If you already did your medical exam and it hasn't expired (expires after one year I think) then you do not need another one. Also I've heard that even if you had your medical over a year ago but you submitted it with original papers they will accept it. However in my case my first medical was over 1.5 years old and in addition to that I did not submit it with the rest of application so I took another one after I got my interview letter - just to be on the safe side.

As far as approval letter and stamping - I got my approval letter right away on the spot. She did not stamp my passport since it was only 2 weeks till its' expiration date, but she said that after I get new passport I can take it with approval letter and stamp it in the office at 10 W. Jackson. Don't know if I'll bother with that though - might just wait for the card to arrive.