CherryHill/ Newark NJ timelines?

emote

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have recent experience with oath delays esp at Cherry Hill?
My timeline:

PD Feb 2003
FP Apr 2003
Interv Mar 04
Oath ?? still waiting - INS has refused to check file for status update when attorney went to ask in person.

At interview a very cordial officer Ms Hanley said it should be a couple of wks then it disappeared into a blackhole.

Please, anyone tell me if this means my FBI/ FP check expires etc etc & i'm setback another 6 mo's?

What options do i've at this juncture - even congressman's office has been no help. Is there anyway to get a response out of the blackhole?
Anybody with oath nightmares?

Emote,

I am in similar situation, same office (cherry hill). Please let me know, if there is any progress. Thanks.

Kindly post ur timeline

when was your interv etc? how long have u waited? did u have any luck walking in to enquire. attorney insists that there is no point my taking time off to go in person ... just in case do u know which DAYS of wk one can go into CH for walkin?

attorney also told me not to inform CH of address chg which now puts me in newark dist. danger of course being that if the notice did bounce back i wouldnt even know that they'd sent something out on the interview unless the G28 means he should have gotten it ... anyways! just when u think it's the end of the line after 17 yrs in this country there's still the final twist!!

emote said:
Do u know if this delay is not because of pending name check?

have u sent inquiry to fbi regarding ur name check??? if its cleared or pending??? After passing interview usually namecheck is the problem if its not cleared. u wont get oath unless uscis gets results from fbi.

how do i know a name check is req'd?

neither they nor att'y said anything about it in 6 mo's. during interview officer gave me the 'approved' stamp but said a supervisor would have to confirm/ issue the oath letter.

any insights on what the name check deal is [my name's no moslem sounding]? thanks much

emote said:
neither they nor att'y said anything about it in 6 mo's. during interview officer gave me the 'approved' stamp but said a supervisor would have to confirm/ issue the oath letter.

any insights on what the name check deal is [my name's no moslem sounding]? thanks much

Well. yeah if u got Approved stamp then looks like they saw that u name was cleared. this also confuses me why this long wait. was ur case on 3 year base married to USC.. or 5 years base.???

My interview was couple of days before. Everything went fine. At the end, I have been told that they have not received the FBI Report. The letter they gave is marked as "Passed the English and US Government test..." and "Not able to make a Decision Yet...".

The INS officer told me that if FBI reports are ok I will receive an OATH notice soon (anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months). Is this a common occurrence???.

Emote, Cherry Hill office does not do Walk in anymore. You have to fix an appointment in web.

ckugmk & shaky

doesnt sound like name check cuz they did give the approval back in mar. so how does one get this web appointment - that's apparently what the atty did to go in. is that the best i can do at this point? are they still in the same place?

The office is in the same location. Green Tree Road, Cherry Hill NJ. For appt you have to check the ins website.