Checking the status of I-130 etc

vanlilly

Registered Users (C)
Please Pardon me if some one else had asked these question before...
1. I verified the NSC timeline and there is no specification of I-130 applications. Does that mean the processing is fast(30-60days) if you apply for a spouse of USC? I also did not find I-485 submitted for spouse of USC.
2. Also when the visa bulletin comes out every month, it specifies family sponsored numbers - this does not affect applications for spouses of USC. Is that correct?
3. If some one can point me to the link where I can check the time lines for I-130 that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Please Pardon me if some one else had asked these question before...
1. I verified the NSC timeline and there is no specification of I-130 applications. Does that mean the processing is fast(30-60days) if you apply for a spouse of USC? I also did not find I-485 submitted for spouse of USC.

if you apply for 130 and 485 concurrently, they will be approved at the same time. if you just file 130, you need to look at the other service center for processing time. it looks like it is now processing 6/6/07.

2. Also when the visa bulletin comes out every month, it specifies family sponsored numbers - this does not affect applications for spouses of USC. Is that correct?

yes. correct. spouse of USC is always current.

3. If some one can point me to the link where I can check the time lines for I-130 that would be great.

go to VSC, TSC, etc to check it.

1. It'll take about 6 months to approve I-130 alone. If you file I-130/I-485 concurrently it will take about the same time to approve both I-130 and I-485 (unless stuck in FBI name check). But the I-485 approval time varies by DO. If the spouse is in the US, there are not many reasons why one would file I-130 alone and typically the I-130/I-485 are submitted concurrently.

2. Does not affect spouses of USCs since they are considered immediate relatives (IR) and a visa number is immediately available for them.

3. I've found this pretty helpful.

[EDIT: Sorry I answered before I saw miaomiao1's response. :)]

Last edited by a moderator: