Charlotte stamping experience needed

Yellow Knight

Registered Users (C)
Could somebody please post stamping experience in Charlotte? Especially about when should we get there to make sure we get it done? Is that possible to bring our young kid with us (nothing opens in the early morning yet)?

Thanks,

Yellow Knight

Yellow Knight

I have been to Charlotte for Fingerprints, iEAD's, etc.

Last time I was there, the EAD's and other stuff were in the new building, and the GC's and GC renewals were in another building, a few miles away.

With the fingerprints, we were in by 8:00 am, and out at 8:15. I would suggest that if this is still the case, to be there at 7:30 am. We were there at 7:45 and the line were not that long, probably 10 or 15 people in front of us. I have seen people with young children. I think they open at 8:00 am and they normally take the GC people first.

If it is in the new building, beeing early wouldn't hurt. For iEAD's we were there by 9:00 am, and out at 11:30. I think they open at 7:30.

I hope this helps..

Anybody want to add?

What kind of questions were there?

Could you please let us know "what did they scrutinize when you went for the interview" please.

Could you give some more information about the whole process of interview done by the interviewing officers.

Just curious.

Thanks for your help.

There is another posting by Vikrim

I am just re-producing his experience ( his posting is dated 02/04)

Passport stamping experience at Charlotte NC
If you get to go to Charlotte for Passport stamping, please read this on.

1. The address given on Approval letter for Charlotte is old and it took us 1 hour to find new address after we reached to old address. The correct address in on USCIS web site.

2. After this, we were at the end of line and we have to wait for six hours to get the passort stamped. There are 8 counters but at any given time, no more than two people will attend.

3. You need to have I-94, two ADIT photos, passport, all previous EAD's and any parole visa and original copy of approval letter.

4. After passport stamping, the immigration officer told me that it will take 12-18 months to issue the plastic card and he said that you may have to come next year also to get one more stamp for extending this to one year.

5. The immigration officer also put down my home address on approval letter as there was attorney address on approval letter to which he said that you do not want your plastic to go to your attorney. This seemed ridiculous to me but it seems that he was being helpful to me.

I wish all the best to fellow people.

Thanks, Cary6

Your infor helped. Thanks,

Please search my name for my stamping experience posted in some other thread, if anyone interested!

YK