Changing US born baby's picture on the Passport

uday21

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have a GC. My son was born in the US. His picture on the US passport is from when he was 2 months old. Now he is 18 months old and looks totally different from his picture. Is it required to change his picture. Either way what is the procedure to do it??

Thanks
Uday

uday21 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a GC. My son was born in the US. His picture on the US passport is from when he was 2 months old. Now he is 18 months old and looks totally different from his picture. Is it required to change his picture. Either way what is the procedure to do it??

Thanks
Uday

Just file for a replacement

uday21 said:

You don't need to get replacement passport every year spending $80 or $70 everytime - considering the fact that the appearance of your son is going to change almost every month. You can renew his passport when it expires - after 10 years. In general you should keep frontal view pictures every year (or more often) to demonstrate his appearance change. Even that is also not a requirement.

pralay said:
You don't need to get replacement passport every year spending $80 or $70 everytime - considering the fact that the appearance of your son is going to change almost every month. You can renew his passport when it expires - after 10 years. In general you should keep frontal view pictures every year (or more often) to demonstrate his appearance change. Even that is also not a requirement.
It is 5 years for a child.

Myxomop said:
There is no requirement to have a new passport before it expires.

But you can if you want to. The picture becoming obscures is a
good reason and may even be one of the listed reason on the
form.