Changing more than one Employer

justin2

Hi All:)

I have I-140 approved, I-1485 pending more than 180 days, have an EAD, AP. I will be laid off pretty soon from my sponsoring employer, let's say Company A because of lack of projects.

I have found another consulting company,let's say Company B(2nd Job) who have offered me a full time/permanent position. But in this sucky economy nothing is really permanent. They will put me on a client for a month and that client may or may not extend the project. So, I might have to find a new job,let's say Company C(3rd job)

My question is Can I change multiple employers after my I-140 approval and I-485 pending more than 180 days.

Do I have to file AC21 every time I change employers?

Does Company B has any say other than providing employment verification letter and supporting documents for AC21 and I-485.

Can Company B revoke my I-140 at any time before I-485 approval?

All responses appreciated PLEASE....

Thanks for all your time and invaluable advice.

Hello:

I am not lawyer... don't take my word....

You can change the job... INS will send you a nice RFE if they come to know if you are not working with your sponser...

if that happens give them the response from your current employer...

justin2,

Since Ac21 doesnt specifically mention that you can switch employment only once, many construe that mulitple switches is possible and I presume many have done it sucessfully. And YES it is better and ideal to inform the CIS everytime you invoke and AC21, although it is not required by law.

Will you get an RFE if you dont inform? - YES and NO - becos many have received and some have not received but got approved.

Can Employer B revoke your 140? - NO!

I think all CIS will require to prove your employment with B is their verification letter and usually nothing more.

What form

What is the mechanism to invoke AC21. Is it a form- which one.
How does BCIS come to know- I am not working for the old employer?
Thanks

Re: What form

Originally posted by sb_tiger
What is the mechanism to invoke AC21. Is it a form- which one.
How does BCIS come to know- I am not working for the old employer?
Thanks

There is no specific form / format. Just write a letter detailing your change in jon and a letter from your employer.

USCIS can track you using your paystub, SSN etc.

hth
dyno

sbtiger,

if you want a sample copy of the letter format - just dig deep into this thread - many of them have posted it earlier as attachment and as plain text.

Good Luck!