Changing job after filing N-400

ms400

Registered Users (C)
Anyone came across the situation of changing the job after filing N-400?.

I'm with the same employer who sponsered my Green Card for the last 5 years. I filed for citizenship recently. Now, I'm planning to change my job to a different employer because of some inconvenient situation at my current job. Does anyone think that it make any adverse effect on citizenship application(N-400)?.

I assume that I just need to update my N-400 at the time of interview. Is that correct?.

Thanks,
MS

You are free to change the job after you got your green card. You should enjoy your freedom five years ago.
Anyone came across the situation of changing the job after filing N-400?.

I'm with the same employer who sponsered my Green Card for the last 5 years. I filed for citizenship recently. Now, I'm planning to change my job to a different employer because of some inconvenient situation at my current job. Does anyone think that it make any adverse effect on citizenship application(N-400)?.

I assume that I just need to update my N-400 at the time of interview. Is that correct?.

Thanks,
MS

Well...i read some concerns in this board about changing job after green card. I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't do any harm for proving 'good moral'.

Well...i read some concerns in this board about changing job after green card. I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't do any harm for proving 'good moral'.

If you get your GC and then change jobs within 6 months-1 year after that, then some concern or not debate goes on. Some feel there is a concern. Others feel there is not...

You've been there 5 years, so no probs.

As long as your job requires the same skills

As long as you change your job for another job in the same area of skill and the salary is not siginificantly more or less you should be fine. ( Some adjustment allowed if relocated ).

Exmaple: If you got your green card as a computer programmer, then quit the job and became a cook at a restaurant or worked at McDonald cleaning the tables, that would be ground for suspicion.

As long as you change your job for another job in the same area of skill and the salary is not siginificantly more or less you should be fine. ( Some adjustment allowed if relocated ).

Exmaple: If you got your green card as a computer programmer, then quit the job and became a cook at a restaurant or worked at McDonald cleaning the tables, that would be ground for suspicion.

AC-21 is before you get GC. If right after you get your GC with sponsoring employer, and then immediately turn around and change job (in same field), then it is a "gray area"...i know some feel no issues, some feel there is an issue.

So, individuals need to decide these things based on their comfort level.