Changing Employer???

rosaly

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Can anyone please shed some light on the issue below:

If > 180 days after I-485 filing and I-140 approved, can an employer revoke I-140? Am I secure if I change my employer with EAD? do I need to inform BCIS about the change? how? forms etc.
Wondering if my employer who filed I-140 potentially harm my GC process. Have there been any cases?

Please respond ..

Thanks,

Rosaly

Well, there is a very slight risk. Reading the forums I could see there were a couple of cases having their I-485 denied due to their 140 being revoked but since we dont know the exact details of the case ,we cant be sure on that.
Your lawyer needs to be comfortable after going through your case, mine was, I completed 10 months before switching after 485,sent letter to INS and got approved after a interview. So my advice, if you are absolutely frustrated, like I was , and willing to take a bit of a risk, go for it and make sure you have a good lawyer who atleast sounds confident looking at your case and thinks you got a reasonable case to fight in case BCIS decides to do something different.
Also another piece of advice from my exp., try to leave as silently as possible meaning without hearing the crunching sound of fragile egos that your current employer might have being broken.
Some employers think that they own you, once they have filed your GC, so they get hit hard and try to hit you back when you abruptly decide to have your own way.

My experience in brief posted elsewhere....
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=73928&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

All the best.

Iyersv,

Thanks for your input! you are right...I should carefully
contemplate and talk to my lawyer in detail before making
the move.

--Rosaly