Changing Employer - Please Advice !!

GC_seeker_CA

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

All you Gurus here who have been sharing your ideas with so many others, please let me know what your thoughts are:

My case:
I 140 Approved. I 485 pending > 180 days ( 9 months to be exact)
At the time I received LC , my salary was 85,000 in Silicon Valley, California.
Now I have an offer from an employer in Phoenix, AZ. The salary offered is 73,500.

The job description and responsibilities are same as my current job in California. The job TITLE for the Phoenix job is EXACTLY the same as my current job in California:

Questions:

1) Can I use AC21 portability ?
2) Since the pay is lower, will there be any issues ?
3) The Law Firm that has all the copies of I 1485, I 140 receipts reports only to the immigration dept. for my Current employer since the Company pays the Law Firm. Do I have any rights to the receipts in case the Law Firm does not want to help me with AC21 ?

I appreciate your comments, suggestions.
Thanks much.
GC_seeker_CA

The salary should be similar - 'prevailing wage for the area'. That much differnce would be understandable by BCIS between the areas meantioned. There is also some opinion- that salary does not figure in at all. Per my lawyer- it should be 'similar'.

You do need the co-operation of the your previous company/lawyer to get the approved labor copy etc. If you already have it- it is good. Labor,140 are the property of the petioning employer not the employee.

HTH