Changing Employer in 8th year

itwizard1

Registered Users (C)
Currently working with Company A
Labor from company A approved in January 2007( PD July 2005)
I-140 approved thru company A
7th year on H1 completing in May 2007

Company B is offering a job, which I am planning to join it in June 2007.

Question-
1. Can company B get H1 extension?
If yes- for 1 year or 3 years (based on company A's I-140 approval).

2. If company B get only 1 year extension initially, can it get subsequent extensions after one year.

3. Can employer A revoke the approved I-140 or there is any time limit to revoking approved I-140?

4. If employer A is able to revoke the approved I-140, Will this invalidate my H1 extension with company B.

Thanks in advance

see response below

response below..
Currently working with Company A
Labor from company A approved in January 2007( PD July 2005)
I-140 approved thru company A
7th year on H1 completing in May 2007

Company B is offering a job, which I am planning to join it in June 2007.

Question-
1. Can company B get H1 extension?
If yes- for 1 year or 3 years (based on company A's I-140 approval).
-->> You can get 3 years ext, I know couple of ppl who got 3 years and were in same situation as yours.
2. If company B get only 1 year extension initially, can it get subsequent extensions after one year.
-->> See response to your 1st question.
3. Can employer A revoke the approved I-140 or there is any time limit to revoking approved I-140?
-->> Yes, employer can revoke 140, but what I have heard this will not have any impact on your H1 extension with company B.
4. If employer A is able to revoke the approved I-140, Will this invalidate my H1 extension with company B.
-->> No.

Thanks in advance

Question...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but after joining company B, if the person wants to continue with the immigration, company B must go through the same set of steps that company A took, meaning LC, I-140 etc., right?

If this is the case, is there any way to preserve the original priority date that the person had in company A or will the person have to go with the latest priority date?

3yr extension with employer B, based on I 140 from employer A

Hi KevinJames,

You mentioned that somebody at employer B, got 3 yr extension based on I 140 approval at employer A.

Please confirm if they got 3 yr extension with employer B, based on I 140 approval from employer A, even though they did not have perm and I 140 with employer B ?

Did they apply for the 3 yr extension alongwith the H1 transfer itself ?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
gc_maze

response below..

will it affect my 485 if old company revokes approved 140?

I changed job from my old company to a new company while my 485 is still pending.

I know the old company has the right to revoke my approved 140 at any time, but do you have the right to do it without any justifiable reason?

if my 140 is revoked by the old company, will it affect my 485?

thanks for your help.

How I wish my homecountry is as beautiful as America so that I don't have travel oceans away and suffer and fear?