Changing Consulates for Interview.

gilham

Registered Users (C)
My In-Laws live in the Chennai consular district and got their B-visa appointment for September 5th. We would like to have them earlier, preferably in June/July. I checked the waiting times in the New Delhi U.S. Embassy and there is an availability earlier (last week of June).

I checked with the Chennai consulate and they said you can book the appointment directly with the New Delhi Embassy.

Per my understanding, the website (http://www.vfs-usa.co.in) doesn't let you schedule an appointment at the New Delhi consulate. Once you select the state of residence, in our case it is Andhra Pradesh, the website lets you book an appointment only at the Chennai consulate. Please let me know if there is a different way of booking which lets you book at the New Delhi consulate. I will cancel the existing appointment and book a new one.

The only way I can select the New Delhi consulate is to select a state that falls under the consular district which doesn't reflect the reality.

I appreciate any input in this regard.

U can't apply in another consulate (unless its an Emergency) if u are under the jurisdiction of chennai consulate. I am not sure how you got the wrong info.