change of status H4 to F1

su23

hi,

I applied for change of status from H4 to F1. I received my receipt notice today and my receipt date is dec 19, 2005.
I have an graduate assistantship for spring 2006. I am not sure what to do until I receive my F1.
Does anyone know how long it takes to process in vermont service center.
If anyone who has recently applied and got visa, can you reply for this.

can you also mail me what should I do next.
thanks.

It took one month for a similar case, but that was two years back. If you can convince that you can get on with the work once you get your F-1 to the GRA person, then that might save you from loosing it.

su23 said:
hi,

I applied for change of status from H4 to F1. I received my receipt notice today and my receipt date is dec 19, 2005.
I have an graduate assistantship for spring 2006. I am not sure what to do until I receive my F1.
Does anyone know how long it takes to process in vermont service center.
If anyone who has recently applied and got visa, can you reply for this.

can you also mail me what should I do next.
thanks.

HI
I have the same kind of problem.I applied for F1 in oct 2006 and I have an assistantship for spring 2007.Will I be able to get my visa before the end of january 2007.How long did it take for you?How did you handle the situation?
How to start my study program in spring 2007?Is there any way to expedite the visa process?

Thanks in advance

takes longer

My wife had applied on 22 Jun'05 and got her visa end of Oct. about 3.5-4 months.

Last edited by a moderator: