• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change of Status B2 to F1 (Approval Received Today) Interview in November

veronique_79

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone!

I hope someone can help me with this doubt.

I'm leaving in Houston for 8 months. The first months with B2 visa because I was studying English in a Non Credit institution. I filled an application for change of status (B2 to F1) on June 12th in order to enroll in a college. I was waiting for a respond for 4 months. My I-94 expired on Aug 23 but my case was still pending. Among this period I received good news about the Lottery Visa process.

I received the approval for F1 status today but I can not study until January (Spring term). My interview by CP is on the middle of November in Venezuela.

The counselor of the College advised me that situation is risky in order to obtain my green card by Lottery Visa, because I stayed in Houston for more time waiting for the approval.. and I'm not studying... but How can I study without permission...

That is confusing.. I don't know what to do??

1.- It's Ok if I leave the Country to attend my appoinment without any permission for the college?
2.- What about the few days waiting for the responds? I will have problems with that.

If some one have the same experience please let me know? I really appreciate that.