Change of employment after 180 days

WAC02134

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I guess, this question must've been asked many times on this forum but I would still like to get a specific answer from those who are willing.

I am working for a company in CA, a diff employer than the one I filed my GC with. I changed my employment after 180 days of RD of I-485. Now, I want to change my employer (again) and I have an offer from an employer in AZ. The pay level and the designation would remain almost the same. So my questions are....

1. Is it okay to change employer and move out of the state at this stage ?
2. Will it be any easier if I move to AZ but keep my home address in CA ???
3. Will a change of employer (and if I inform BCIS) immediately mean that my case will be transferred to the local office ??

Your advice or relevant links will be greatly appreciated.

PM Sillyman his case is similar to yours . He can advice you best.
The answers to 1 and 3 three maybe YES.

For the 2nd question...in my hunble opinion :) dont do that...since you would have to file a ar11 form too...keep it simple...and move the address to where you are going....but that is just my opinion.....

Originally posted by WAC02134
Hi Everyone,

I guess, this question must've been asked many times on this forum but I would still like to get a specific answer from those who are willing.

I am working for a company in CA, a diff employer than the one I filed my GC with. I changed my employment after 180 days of RD of I-485. Now, I want to change my employer (again) and I have an offer from an employer in AZ. The pay level and the designation would remain almost the same. So my questions are....

1. Is it okay to change employer and move out of the state at this stage ?
2. Will it be any easier if I move to AZ but keep my home address in CA ???
3. Will a change of employer (and if I inform BCIS) immediately mean that my case will be transferred to the local office ??

Your advice or relevant links will be greatly appreciated.
:)