change of address

apahilaj

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I had a quick question about address change and hope to find a response in this portal.

I've applied for my green card (both through RIR and PERM regulation) and I was wondering if I could move to a different town while my application will have the old residential address...

I am hoping this should not be an issue but would still like to find out...

Thanks!

Arun

Address change

This shouldn't be a problem. Just let your lawyer know to make this change in their files and DO NOT Forget to send the Change of address form (AR 11) to Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) for you and your dependents. You can get this form from their website.

NOTE: Under current regulations, all foreign nationals of the United States, including legal permanent residents, must report each personal change of address and new address with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services within 10 days of the change. This requirement does not apply to your initial entry and residence in the United States. Changes of address are made on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' Form AR-11, which is available at http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm. The USCIS website also provides instructions for filing this form. .

I changed my address last year and plan to do so again this year.

Hope this helps,
GCKaIntezar