Change of Address

whitefeather

Registered Users (C)
I recently had my passport stamped for I-485 approval, however, my wife's I-485 is pending. Therefore, her status is AOS Pending and mine is Green Card approved.

I now need to do an address change. Please help in answering the following questions.

1. Both of us need to file AR-11 separately right?

2. In Form AR-11, for my wife, what do I answer to question, 'I AM IN THE UNITED STATES AS: VISITOR, PERMANENT RESIDENT, STUDENT, OTHER (SPECIFY)'? Do I put 'OTHER' and specify 'AOS PENDING' or can you give me another suggestion?

3. In Form AR-11, for my wife, what do I answer to question, 'IF NOT A PERMANENT RESIDENT, MY STAY IN THE U.S EXPIRES ON: (Date)'? Since her status is AOS Pending what would her expiry date be?

Thanks a lot for your help.

whitefeather said:
1. Both of us need to file AR-11 separately right?

>> yes both of you need to file AR-11 and also call 800 # to change address for all pending cases.

2. In Form AR-11, for my wife, what do I answer to question, 'I AM IN THE UNITED STATES AS: VISITOR, PERMANENT RESIDENT, STUDENT, OTHER (SPECIFY)'? Do I put 'OTHER' and specify 'AOS PENDING' or can you give me another suggestion?

>> you can mention other if u r on H1B...you can put 'Other(H1B visa)'

3. In Form AR-11, for my wife, what do I answer to question, 'IF NOT A PERMANENT RESIDENT, MY STAY IN THE U.S EXPIRES ON: (Date)'? Since her status is AOS Pending what would her expiry date be?
>> put the expiry date on I-94. if I-94 has expired still put that date and mention that AOS is pending.