Change of address while FBI Name Check is Pending

kamran4149

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone.

I need your advice. here is my case:

I applied for GC on May 2003 through marriage to a USC (We filed in Oklahoma since I was living there at that time). My FP was completed on Oct. 2003. Then My wife and I were asked to go for an interview on Dec. 2003. Everything went smoothly at the interview, however, the immigration officer told us the same old story that he cannot approve you at this time due to the pending FBI name checking. Anyway, he said it might take a week or 6 months before we can receive our approval letter.

After our interview we moved to california and started working here, but never reported our change of address since I didn't want to confuse the INS. The address they have in file for us is an address of our relative in Oklahoma so we will always get our mails in case they send anything to that address.

Now it is almost 20 months after our interview in okalhoma and I have already renewed my EAD 2 times but still they haven,t approved us. We are in the process of buying a house right now in California. My question is that should I report my change of address now or does it make things more complex for INS (since they have to send my file from OK to CA and I don't want to make the process even longer)...... What should I do?

If your address is dependable address, and your relative take care of mails responsibly, I suggest you keep your address unchanged.

Change of Address while FBI check is pending

My wife and I moved out of the state where we had our AOS interview, the approval of which is pending the results of the FBI name check.

I was told that my file does not need to be transferred because I have completed the AOS interview, and the approval is pending FBI background check.

Last week I got a letter from USCIS that my case has been moved to the USCIS office in the state I have moved to. Will I have to go through the interview again?

Confused...

Thank you Sheitoon for your reply. By the way, you have a Persian userId. are you from Iran?

aoshelp123, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. You might wanna post it somewhere else as well so that more people can take a look at it and answer it.