change of address CONFIRMATION?

ianyu

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
just a quick question: I submitted a change of address form some 6 weeks ago and have been unsuccessfull (by phone) to confirm it really was changed. I am expecting my RTD to arrive soon and am worried it might get lost. does anyone know a way to check if my address was updated in the system? thank you, enjoy the day:)
ian

The change of address form doesn't change the address of each case, it is only designed to satisafy the immigration law. So you must change them BY PHONE. That's what I heard from the 800 number of USCIS

First you can check with 800, they can tell your address on file, 2 yrs back they will tell me that they have no access to this info, but when I call last yr, the person was nice and he was able to confirm. If it is not changed, tell him to update, they will only update if you have already moved to your new address, in this case you did.

I called this month and they told me they cannot access the address of each case - all they could is to update the address.

ianyu said:
Hello all,
just a quick question: I submitted a change of address form some 6 weeks ago and have been unsuccessfull (by phone) to confirm it really was changed. I am expecting my RTD to arrive soon and am worried it might get lost. does anyone know a way to check if my address was updated in the system? thank you, enjoy the day:)
ian

I think you definitely need to call 800 NSC to change your address. I did what you have done last September ( AR-11 sent to Ky), but my address has not been updated on NSC systerm, they screwed me up about my RFI ( sent to the wrong address). I had a hard time to get them corrected. Please do it right now especially when you are anxiously waiting some notice.

from my own experience, if you are not able to get confirmation by the phone, just simply requested changing your address.( they will ask you some info , such as A-number, ND number, date of birth, place of birthe, old and new address etc). After that, they will send you a notice to your new address to response your request of changing address.

hopefully this helps. good luck to you!