Change of Address after getting the Green Card

Oracle_Dba

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I really need some advice here. I recently got my green card stamped on my passport. My interview was a consulate process and I was able to get it through sucesfully last month.

During the time of POE, I had given 123 as my mailing address, But some how I have to move out of the 123 address onto a new address which was XYZ. I gave my new forwarding address from 123 to XYZ. But unluckly, I have to move out from my XYZ address to a new one or probably leave the state for good in finding a job.

Currently,Its been almost a month I got my green card stamped and I had told the post office to do a stop mail onto my 123 address and hold all of my mail with them for a month. I dont know, Will i be able to get my actual card with in a month now from now or will it take long?

My question: Can I call INS and give them my new mailing address? Would that work out? If so, what number can i call INS? Please advice me.

Firstly, I was in a big tension, when i was going through my consulate processing and now here i\'m with my green card stamped, but not having the actual green card.

Guys. Please please help me.

Thanks,

call service center

You could call the service center and give them the details. However, I would caution you that they generally do not update their systems in a timely manner and the mail goes to the address mentioned at port of entry.
A better solution would be to ask the post office to redirect mail to a friend\'s place.

Yes, find a friend / relative ...

If you aren\'t well rooted in a place, better provide the address of a friend or a relative. In fact, it is also suggested in DS-230. So, find someone who won\'t mind receiving your mail and redirect all your mail to their place.

Also, does anybody know if the service centers will send mail to P.O. boxes? If yes, that is another alternative to think about.

Good luck.

To Cunsular Guy

Hello Consular guy,

Would you please give me Service center phone no#. I do not have the service center contact no and i\'m getting very worried. Please help me

Thanks,