Change of 485 Status .....Unbelievable Why ? Why ?

Shabkap

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Need your help to understand this situation cos I am almost freaking out after this long never ending GC saga.

I got an RFE for Emp Letter on 10/02. I had to change my job in 07/03 due to outsourcing of my system, and am with that employer but my job is still the same and everything still remains the same.(No gap at all between jobs) The Letter was sent with whatever was asked with the explanation of this situation and using the rule of AC -21.

Today My status changed to :-
we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. ........

Why would this happen ? what does it mean ? How long does it take to schedule an interview ? Who gets the letter ? (me or lawyer)

Has anyone come across this situation ?

Please reply....
Thanks for all your replies.

Looks like your case has been transferred to a local office. You should do a search on this forum - many people have written in with similar experiences.

Good luck! :)

Shabkap,
RFE is not the reason for the transfer to local office. Its mostly random. These days 20-30 %cases are transfered to Local offices.
NJ is one of the fastest offices in Setting the interview. ITs normally 40-60 days.

You and lawyer both will get the copy soon. For further details check the thread on NJ local trnasfer. Its huge....

goodluck

SWaiting,

Do you know anything about Washington DC office interview scheduling time by chance?
Thanks ahead.

What does RD of Local Offices mean

I checked the processing times for Newark BCIS office on the BCIS site. It says that they are processing 485 cases with the receipt date of Dec X, 2002. Does this receipt date mean the date that VSC transferred the case to them or is it the RD on the 485? If former is true then they are even more back-logged than VSC. If latter is true then they are fast as VSC is officially processing Jan 2002 cases.

Please help me understand this!

local office

Hi Shabkap

The same thing happened to one of my friends in Baltimore.
The Baltimore office sent a notice saying that the interview will
be on Nov 04. (This was in July/Aug 2003). I vaguely remember
this to be about 3 - 4 months earlier to Nov 04. When he went
on Nov 04 they realized that his finger print time expired (more than 15 months). So they asked him to do finger print again
and he did so on the same day. But they went through the
regular interview (nothing worth mentioning) and collected
and checked the required documents.
He was told that again they will send a notice and he can go
over there to stamp his passport.

Note : As of today he has not got any letter from them. So try to make sure that your finger print date does not expire by the
time they ask you to appear for an interview.

Sekar

More Details and queries that scare me

My Details :-
RD :- 03/22/02
ND :- 04/10/02
FD :- 12/17/02
RFE :- 10/02/03
RFE recvd :- 10/29/03
Transfer message :- 11/25/03

I dont think this is due to FP cos its time to expire. My worry is that, did something go wrong in replying to RFE. The job details were exactly the same as in Labor. My salary is higher than in labor. Then Why would they transfer my case ?
As far as I have read, they either send you an RFE and then u r Approved OR they transfer the case before sending RFE. I dont understand why would they do both ?

Replies appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: