Change in address and I-751

idgc

Hi,
Married to USC in Virginia and got my EAD and conditional GC in Virginia. Now because of the job we have moved to Ohio and have recently bought a home.

1) Should I change my address with the USCIS office in Virginia? or just let it be there because we can still access the mails as one of our friends have moved into the old address.

2) How long will it take for USCIS to move my case from VA to OH

3) We are supposed to file I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) in March 06, will it be a confusion in the office or delay

4) When we apply for the I-751, will the unconditional GC be granted before the conditional GC expires or what do I do !

Thanks a bunch.

IDGC

idgc said:
Hi,
Married to USC in Virginia and got my EAD and conditional GC in Virginia. Now because of the job we have moved to Ohio and have recently bought a home.

1) Should I change my address with the USCIS office in Virginia? or just let it be there because we can still access the mails as one of our friends have moved into the old address.
As per law, you should file AR-11 whenever you change address and sponsor should file I-865 when changing address. My understanding is that mails from USCIS are not forwarded to a different address, so if you have applied for mail forwarding at USPS to deliver all mail to your new address, all correspondences from USICS would be returned back and your friend would not get to see them. You have to call USCIS to change the address on your GC application, AR-11 doesnt change it.

2) How long will it take for USCIS to move my case from VA to OH

3) We are supposed to file I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) in March 06, will it be a confusion in the office or delay
What kind of confusion?

4) When we apply for the I-751, will the unconditional GC be granted before the conditional GC expires or what do I do !
You have to file I-751 90 days before your Conditional GC expires. If your I-751 is not approved in 90 days, you can get an infopass appt and go to your DO to have a temporary I-551 seal on your passport that would extend your conditional GC making it valid for one more year or till your I-751 is approved

Thanks a bunch.

IDGC

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the information.

1) I have the change of address form and I am assuming it is AR-11 and what is I865?. We were told to mail the form (Change of address) if we move.

2) The confusion meaning, if OH office says we dont ahve the file yet or VA office says we have sent the file.

3) Should I call the local Virginia office to inform them about the change in address or the USCIS, I tried to find the phone number of the website but coudnt find it, would f help if you can provide that.

Thanks a bunch for your time!

idgc said:
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the information.

1) I have the change of address form and I am assuming it is AR-11 and what is I865?. We were told to mail the form (Change of address) if we move.
Your USC sponsor should fill this form for a change of address if the sponsorship obligation towards you is still in effect.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-865.htm

2) The confusion meaning, if OH office says we dont ahve the file yet or VA office says we have sent the file.

3) Should I call the local Virginia office to inform them about the change in address or the USCIS, I tried to find the phone number of the website but coudnt find it, would f help if you can provide that.
You should call the NCSC to update your address. You can ask them this question when you call. 1 (800) 375-5283
Thanks a bunch for your time!