Change I change to a different state

raindancer

Hello there,

I'm a consultant and my I485 has been applied in March, 2003 in Nebraska region. Its been just over 6 months now. Now doing the same job for the same emplyer, can I move to NJ without having my I485 application getting transfered to Vermont center?? Cuz I know if I my 485 gets transferred to different region its gonna eat up an extra year.

There won't be any change in nature of job or the employer. Since I'm a consultant I'm travelling now and I'll be travelling when I move to NJ as well. How can I assure BCIS that I have the same home base for my job.

Thanks for your reply.

Rain.

raindancer said:
Hello there,

I'm a consultant and my I485 has been applied in March, 2003 in Nebraska region. Its been just over 6 months now. Now doing the same job for the same emplyer, can I move to NJ without having my I485 application getting transfered to Vermont center?? Cuz I know if I my 485 gets transferred to different region its gonna eat up an extra year.
case can be transferred for any or no reason. your move to nj may or may not trigger uscis to move your case but chances are more. processing time in local region depends on the city where it moves. mere transfer will not delay your case. sometimes it speeds up.

There won't be any change in nature of job or the employer. Since I'm a consultant I'm travelling now and I'll be travelling when I move to NJ as well. How can I assure BCIS that I have the same home base for my job.

Thanks for your reply.

Rain.