change field 6 month after GC through NIW

goodjob123

If somebody changed to totally different field 6 months after GC through NIW, will this cause the problem during naturalization process. If he applies 6 years after GC, then the GC related field won't appear in the job history, will this cause more trouble during the interview? Anyone has experience? What the worst can happen?
Sorry, I posted this as a reply to another thread, but no reply.

Hard to say - after all, NIW GC's aren't exactly run of the mill.

I suspect you may be asked a few questions about it during interview, but since there is no law requiring you to stay in the same field after obtaining GC, all USCIS can do is make sure the original application was not fraudulent.

boatbod,

I completely agree with what you say. I dont see no harm in changing field or jobs. They check to see if "original application was not fraudulent".

National Interest Waiver, you get to apply in EB-1 category for the I-485 process.

goodjob123, I know a friend that applied in EB-1 in civil engineering field and changed relatively quickly to software engineering after I-485 approval, he never mentioned anything about this being an issue during N-400 interview.

I'm curious, what is NIW?

Flydog and mant0478,

Just for your information....

NIW = National Interest Waiver
Category = Employment Based (EB2)
Labor certification = Waived
Job offer = Not required/Self petition

EB1-EA = Extraordinary Ability Alien
Category = Employment Based (EB11)
Labor certification = None required
Job offer = Not required/Self petition